Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: The Grid and one other.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:41 am 

(see what I did there?)

So are these still a work in progress? My question this evening is, will there or has there been, any consideration like in the main preferences panel for docks and shelves, will there be each grid you have. Something I'm liking but if the folders inside a shelf are set to open as grid, they never open with consistency and they don't have the options like grids in a dock have to show rows of icons by number or auto and columns (same).

Also, when opening the preferences panel is there a command line or a way to make it open directly to the docks and shelves tab of About?

Post subject: Re: The Grid and one other.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:23 am 

Oh and is there a way to make a folder inside a grid open inside that grid instead of a new grid window?

Post subject: Re: The Grid and one other.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:53 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nutrynion wrote:
My question this evening is, will there or has there been, any consideration like in the main preferences panel for docks and shelves, will there be each grid you have.

No, same way sub-docks are also not listed in the Docks & Shelves tab of Preferences. Only top level objects appear there.

Nutrynion wrote:
Something I'm liking but if the folders inside a shelf are set to open as grid, they never open with consistency and they don't have the options like grids in a dock have to show rows of icons by number or auto and columns (same).

What do you mean by "they never open consistently"? The size of Grid Stacks is dynamically calculated based on content and available screen space. Anyway, click HERE for an explanation of why 'temp' Grid Stacks do not have individual settings.

Nutrynion wrote:
Also, when opening the preferences panel is there a command line or a way to make it open directly to the docks and shelves tab of About?

No.

Nutrynion wrote:
Oh and is there a way to make a folder inside a grid open inside that grid instead of a new grid window?

No.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]