Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Truncated file names
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:03 pm 

I have shortcut to a folder in a shelf item. When I left click on the shortcut it shows the files in the folder but, the file names are truncated i.e., it shows only (i didnt count) but maybe 30 characters. Can you change it to show the full file name with extension? It does show this information on mouse hover but, be nice to be able to see it directly without mouse hover.

Post subject: Re: Truncated file names
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It would be nice to add that you have your folders set to open as menus. :) Normal left click action in a folder is to open it in Explorer.

Anyway, the answer is yes and no if you are running Xtreme, i.e.; it depends on the theme. Some themes allow for wider menus, others not so much - I understand this is not what you want to hear, but try a different theme and see if that helps.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Truncated file names
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:41 pm 

It slipped my mind to mention folder contents open as menus but, when I talked about mouse hovering, that should have given it away. Anyway, I don't remember specifically configuring to open the folder as menu (maybe it is the default behavior) and I don't remember specifically changing theme (I'm using DarkTech theme and maybe this theme is default). That said, I like DarkTech theme so I'd like to continue using it, so the question is can this issue be fixed by user by adjusting a setting? I'm using Winstep Xtreme.

PS I tried all themes that came with Xtreme and they all truncate the file name.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]