Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Can you set the dock(s) to show running programs per monitor
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:15 am 

I'm using the free version and loving it. I'm planning to purchase the Xtreme edition, and I'm curious as to whether it's possible to make the dock or docks show the currently running programs based on which monitor the windows are on. For instance, if I have Spotify running on my left monitor, can I set a dock to only show the programs on my left monitor, and another dock to show what's on the right? And is it possible to only show certain running programs and not all of them? Are these features available either in the free or upgraded versions?

Post subject: Re: Can you set the dock(s) to show running programs per mon
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:16 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The answer to your first question is 'no, you cannot' - but I like the idea and can already imagine how to make it work, and that's already a very good thing. :)

The answer to your second question is 'yes, you can' by adding applications/windows to the Task Exclusion List (where you can also prevent specific applications from appearing in the list of running applications UNLESS they are minimized).

As for your third question, even though the above feature is available in all versions, only the paid versions support more than one dock.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:31 am 

winstep wrote:
The answer to your first question is 'no, you cannot' - but I like the idea and can already imagine how to make it work, and that's already a very good thing. :)

The answer to your second question is 'yes, you can' by adding applications/windows to the Task Exclusion List (where you can also prevent specific applications from appearing in the list of running applications UNLESS they are minimized).

As for your third question, even though the above feature is available in all versions, only the paid versions support more than one dock.

So are you a developer, or are you able to make something like that? Does the software support adding 3rd party mods/ad-ons? Will you message me if you make it?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:58 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes. No. No. :)

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:16 am 

winstep wrote:

You think it's a good idea though, so are you at least gonna try and get it made?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I already said I thought it was a good idea. :)

Thing is, it's not high on the priority list and it would also be tied to some new features I would need to add first to the NextSTART component of Winstep Xtreme - so don't even think about asking me 'when, then?', you won't get an answer. :P

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:29 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Kabukiman wrote:
So are you a developer, or are you able to make something like that? Does the software support adding 3rd party mods/ad-ons? Will you message me if you make it?
winstep wrote:

He really is the developer. He is the one and only developer of the Winstep suite. You can call him Jorge.

And, while he did mention it's a lower priority, you'll be pleasantly surprised that it probably will be done within a month or two. It's just how he is.

Enjoy the program, use it, abuse it, and let him know about any problems you find and he'll fix them up. When you come up with more ideas, just let him know and (if it's able to be done) it will get folded in rather quickly (within a few months at the worst...unless he's really, really stuck on a developer logjam...then it will take longer).

But don't feed him too many things. Many of us are anxiously waiting for him to release his tool for making and editing themes (aka "the thing that shall not be mnentioned"). We can't wait! :-D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:02 am 

DesertDwarf wrote:
But don't feed him too many things. Many of us are anxiously waiting for him to release his tool for making and editing themes (aka "the thing that shall not be mnentioned"). We can't wait! :-D

Shh ..Dwarf youle go down in the bad books poor Jorge shuddering in the corner. :P

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 8 posts ]