Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Taskbar and Start Menu
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:01 pm 

How can I apply the full screen option to the start menu when the taskbar is hidden in the nexus option?

Attachments:
File comment: The Star Menu is not completely in full screen
Start menu.png
Start menu.png [ 172.64 KiB | Viewed 6772 times ]

Post subject: Re: Taskbar and Start Menu
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Didn't even know there was an option to open the Start Menu in full screen mode in Windows 10, and I had to struggle a bit to understand what was going on in your screenshot (in part because you partially blanked it out). :)

When hiding the Windows taskbar, Nexus makes it invisible but also sets it to auto-hide, so it doesn't reserve screen space. In this mode the taskbar will still pop up when needed, even if you can't see it.

The Windows Start Menu and the Windows taskbar are intrinsically connected. So, I think that when you open the Start Menu the taskbar also pops up - if it wasn't being hidden by Nexus you would be able to see it just below the full screen Start Menu, but because it is being hidden by Nexus (and constantly monitored so it *remains* hidden) you will see a 'hole' where it would otherwise appear.

I don't think you can prevent this behavior in Windows (i.e.; force it to display a full screen Start Menu without the Windows taskbar below it).

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Taskbar and Start Menu
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:57 pm 

I hoped there was a way to force the Start Menu in full screen, but well ... Thank you very much for the help. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]