Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: expand all Next Start columns without clicking MORE over and
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 5:00 pm 

Is there anyway to fully expand all columns of folders and programs from A to Z with one click when i open "All Programs"?

I have many hundreds of programs and when i click start button | All Programs... i often have to CLICK "MORE" as many as 5 times to get to end of alphabetic listings such as click on a "Winstep" program. Is there anyway to fully expand A to Z with one click when i open "All Programs"

Post subject: Re: expand all Next Start columns without clicking MORE over
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 8:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

No.

Think about it: imagine the menu is displaying the contents of a folder containing *thousands* of files so that it would extend to *several* full screens of information. What do you think would happen if what you suggest was possible and it showed everything all at once?

A big huge (and completely useless) mess of overlapping menus.

Your only other alternative is to make the menu scroll (using scroll arrows) instead of opening up as 'more...' pages (NextSTART Preferences -> Menu tab).

You might also want to look into using the Winstep Start Menu Organizer to organize the contents of your All Programs menu into categories, or some of the other alternative methods Winstep applications give you to display the same information (e.g.; you can attach an existing WorkShelf Grid Stack to a NextSTART menu).

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]