Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Question can this yellow text be changed also ? about stacks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:22 pm 

Where is the option for a fan stack? like every other dock on the planet and seeing as the programmer jorge is that your name sorry. I'm new to the forums, but you're really good, so where is the fan stack? Or deal stack whatever xWindows calls it not sure what rocket-dock calls it either I haven't used those in forever but today is the first time I've really wanted a stack and I cant find one that isn't the ugly window popup? This is a massive REQUEST if it isn't part of the best dock ever written already? I wouldn't think it would be that hard to add: it would essentially be adding a module for that type of stack and since the module has already been written and is on github I would think its purely about integrating it which would be very easy b/c I'm sure this is being built in visual studio or similar software not having to make huge changes for a simple animation addon.

Also where is the option to change this yellow popup text? If its in a .dll somewhere I'll hex change it just need to know where it is?
Attachment:
ss1png.png
ss1png.png [ 211.44 KiB | Viewed 6806 times ]

Post subject: Re: Question can this yellow text be changed also ? about st
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hmmm... Had you read the Nexus product page on the Winstep web site, you surely would have noticed that the *paid* Winstep applications (Nexus Ultimate and Winstep Xtreme) support Grid Stacks:

Grid Stacks, however, are NOT supported in the free version of Nexus (nor are a lot of other things like Shelves, Drawers, sub-docks, desktop modules, skinnable context menus, extra widgets and effects, etc...) the reason being that we all need to eat... and I am no exception. :)

Also, the functional equivalent of a *fan* stack in a Winstep application would be a sub-dock (it just doesn't have the fancy curve).

As for the color of the text in the balloon tooltips, that cannot be changed. The *style* of the balloon tooltip, however, can be changed from Dark to Light by selecting 'Light Mode' for the User Interface in the About tab of Preferences.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Question can this yellow text be changed also ? about st
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:35 pm 

I have the paid version I have owned winstep nexus ultimate for many many years and I recently bought it again b/c I couldn't find my old key and I figured I'd just buy it again to support the dev....And I did notice the grid stacking but thats not the same thing as a fan style or a deal style stack like I had alluded to in my first post but thankyou yeah so its a subdock can we can get the fancy curve added bac? Oh yeah thats not the same thing I had in mind its using the side dock images etc to load inside of the sub to act like a stack i dunno thats not the same thing if they act like they do inside of a dock. A stack should haver its own behavior like bouncing in and out animations etc. So yeah not really the same thing at all. Like I was saying the stack module is on github so not sure how hard that would be to integrate but the code exists and is os so was wondering if there was any possibility we can get that added in the future?

Oh and I dont understand why the dark mode would use yellow I dunno why not a neutral color like a Grey? yellow is um yeah not neutral... lol

Oh and it has to exist somewhere in the programming so it can be changed anything and everything can be changed especially if were talking colors. I've been theming androids for many many many years almost ten years and if its taught me anything its taught me that anything can be changed. It may be complicated but it can be done. Now granted depending on how the light dark mode is written it may be fundamental to many other things which is where it gets complicated usually by having to create its own source for the color etc calling it from another file. Not sure what this is written in so.
But I was requesting something more like this exactly like this since this is the original stack that apple made. Which everyone likes lol?

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]