Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Auto width popup menu in winshelf
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:24 pm 

I have a link to a folder in a shelf item and when I click on it a popup menu is shown which lists the contents of the folder but, the popup menu is of fixed width due to which the file names are truncated. How to make the popup menu width to auto size so I can see the full name of the file? Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Auto width popup menu in winshelf
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The minimum and maximum width of a menu depends on the current theme, and, as such, was set by the author of that particular theme. Other than changing the configuration files for that theme (.wst file, ButtonMaxWidth) the only other solution is to use a different theme that might support wider menus.

This said, there are several reasons why menus have a maximum (and minimum) width. Likewise, the maximum width used by themes is normally more than enough to display most filenames - the problem is usually not the maximum width of the menus, but rather the filenames themselves that are abnormally long.

Don't forget that if a filename gets cropped in the menu, you can always hover the mouse pointer over it and the full filename will pop up in a tooltip after a short pause.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]