Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Minor Bug and a Suggestion about feature to closing docks
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:57 am 

Hi,
I have just bouth Nexus extreme recently, haven't played with it much but i found several issues that i need to let you know.

1) Whenever i click on the up arrow in the system tray there is a small white area will flash on the top left of my screen. I tried to disable any hotspot on that area but the flash still there.

2) I found that it's took alot of popups to close a dock, when i want to close a dock i need to click right mouse on it then navigate to Nexus->Dock And Shelf Management-> Disable Dock. I think it will be more convinience for the user to close the dock at the first or second popup at least. Maybe this is just my personal taste but maybe not :D.

PS: my OS is Windows 7 Ultimate

Please see my attachments for more details.

Attachments:
Close dock feature.png
Close dock feature.png [ 204.61 KiB | Viewed 7572 times ]
Error.png
Error.png [ 383.27 KiB | Viewed 7572 times ]

Post subject: Re: Minor Bug and a Suggestion about feature to closing dock
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok, first of all and just to avoid confusion, there is no such thing as 'Nexus Xtreme', there is only 'Nexus Ultimate' and 'Winstep Xtreme'. :) You are running Winstep Xtreme.

shinobitiger wrote:
1) Whenever i click on the up arrow in the system tray there is a small white area will flash on the top left of my screen. I tried to disable any hotspot on that area but the flash still there.

Clicking the tray's up arrow displays the expanded tray window, where the hidden tray icons are.

This tray window is the *real thing*, so when you click the up arrow the Winstep application invokes the rectangular Windows tray area. Now, Microsoft never intended for this tray area to be invoked by 3rd party applications, so the Winstep application must resort to some 'tricks' to get it to open. Likewise, it will pop up by default at the top left corner, and is immediately relocated by the Winstep application to the correct position.

This unfortunately means you might see it 'flash' on the top right corner for a fraction of a second or so - but it really is a minor cosmetic issue, provided it then appears on the proper location. It does, does it not?

shinobitiger wrote:
2) I found that it's took alot of popups to close a dock, when i want to close a dock i need to click right mouse on it then navigate to Nexus->Dock And Shelf Management-> Disable Dock. I think it will be more convinience for the user to close the dock at the first or second popup at least. Maybe this is just my personal taste but maybe not :D.

Whatever you are doing, you are doing it wrong. Docks are not supposed to be enabled/disabled all the time, which is why that option is 'buried'. You create a dock and then you can have it auto-hide at a screen edge or collapse into a control icon (depending on whether the dock is docked or floating), but you are not supposed to use the enable/disable function to hide a dock until you need it again. :)

As for your screenshot regarding the Exit command, again, that is not the kind of thing you use all the time. Winstep Xtreme is the type of application you leave running 24/7, not one you use for a little bit to perform some function and then exit. As such, the exit functions are 'buried' so they do not get in the way of other more commonly used options (i.e.; avoid clutter).

Anyway, I suggest you look at the list of internal commands you can add to docks, etc... Among them you have several 'Exit application/Windows' internal commands you can add to docks, etc, as icons, so they are just one click away.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:17 am 

Quote:
Whatever you are doing, you are doing it wrong. Docks are not supposed to be enabled/disabled all the time, which is why that option is 'buried'. You create a dock and then you can have it auto-hide at a screen edge or collapse into a control icon (depending on whether the dock is docked or floating), but you are not supposed to use the enable/disable function to hide a dock until you need it again. :)

As for your screenshot regarding the Exit command, again, that is not the kind of thing you use all the time. Winstep Xtreme is the type of application you leave running 24/7, not one you use for a little bit to perform some function and then exit. As such, the exit functions are 'buried' so they do not get in the way of other more commonly used options (i.e.; avoid clutter).

Hi Jorge,
Thanks for your reply, as i said this is my personal taste, in some scenarios i create many docks on my screen and sometime i want to close one of them quickly... Maybe iam the rare one that like that 'buired' option :D.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:22 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Why don't you use sub-docks or grid stacks instead, then? Would probably be a better idea. :)

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]