Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Bug: Can't change theme of module after changing its icon
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:29 pm 

Hi Winstep staff,

Iam using Winstep Extreme on Windows 7 Ultimate. I have this bug: When i manually change the icon of module on the dock i.e clock, recycle after that when i try to change the module theme the icon can not change anymore so i need to reinstall Winstep again.

Update: The module theme still can be changed if it is detached from dock but if it is on the dock then its icon can't change when i change the theme.

Please consider this is a major bug and fix it.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Bug: Can't change theme of module after changing its ico
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Winstep Xtreme is a very powerful and flexible application, so it does have a learning curve. I suggest you ask questions here before you waste time re-installing the application just because you don't understand how something works yet. :)

When you change the background of a module using the 'Change icon' feature, this overrides any theme setting since you are basically 'hard coding' a background of your choice. The background you chose therefore remains the same even when you switch to a different theme.

If you later want the module's background to change according to the currently selected theme again, simply go to the Change Icon dialog for that module and click on the 'Default' button to restore the default background. It will now change according to the theme.

Not a bug and no need to re-install the application.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Bug: Can't change theme of module after changing its ico
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:28 am 

Quote:
Winstep Xtreme is a very powerful and flexible application, so it does have a learning curve. I suggest you ask questions here before you waste time re-installing the application just because you don't understand how something works yet. :)

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for your help, that was my bad that didn't ask a question first. As you said Winstep Xtreme has a learning curve so maybe we will need to add more tutorial documents for it, won't we?

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]