Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Version 19.4
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:34 pm 

Hi Jorge, hate to pester you, but want to address a couple of things that you never replied to.

The scanner function/shortcut doesn't work via WorkShelf Desktop tab. Please let me know whether or not this is something that can be fixed.

The other one is bumping with duel monitors. One side passes through, therefore I cannot bump for that side. Is this something that can be fixed?

Post subject: Re: Version 19.4
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Windy wrote:
The scanner function/shortcut doesn't work via WorkShelf Desktop tab. Please let me know whether or not this is something that can be fixed.

This is likely a 32 bit vs 64 bit file redirection issue (i.e.; the Winstep application is a 32 bit application running on a 64 bit system). I have noticed that - very, very, rarely - a 64 bit application cannot be launched via a 32 bit application no matter what you do. Probably one of those extremely rare cases.

You can try making a shortcut to your scanner app in a folder and then launching the shortcut (.lnk file) directly from the dock (i.e.; you have to manually type the path to the shortcut/ file in that item's Properties dialog in the dock).

Just dragging the shortcut to the dock will not work because the Winstep application will automatically resolve the shortcut and point to the target again.

Windy wrote:
The other one is bumping with duel monitors. One side passes through, therefore I cannot bump for that side. Is this something that can be fixed?

No. That's just the nature of multiple monitors. :)

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:34 pm 

I figured out a way to do it. You did point me in the right direction with your advice. I tried doing the path thing but that didn't work out.

I then decided to try using the awesome program Everything. https://www.voidtools.com/

I searched for the name of the scanner shortcut using the 'Everything' search filter as opposed to Audio, Compressed, etc. It then showed several items including folders with that name.

I dragged a couple different icons first to the dock (since you advised me to try the dock) and one of them worked with the correct icon! The non-working icons/shortcuts looks similar to Notepad icons. I then dragged that same correct icon from Everything to the WorkShelf Desktop tab and it kept the icon and it works!! I removed the one from the dock.

Now for my last nagging question about the dual monitors and bumping. I know you said that it's the nature of it, but here's a shot in the dark.

Is it all possible for you to make a sort of wall by applying a key press to prevent the cursor passing through? Something similar to how you bypass the default function (by pressing and holding Shift) (but in reverse) to prevent a PNG file replacing a dock icon when dragged onto/into it.

Keeping fingers crossed! :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

No, it's not possible, sorry.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:38 am 

winstep wrote:
Windy wrote:

No. That's just the nature of multiple monitors. :)

Interestingly, Windoze surprised me by being smart enough to know that my two monitors with different resolutions have different vertical boundaries. So if I try to move my mouse from the larger monitor to the smaller monitor and I'm near the top of the larger monitor, the mouse hits the edge and stops. Also, my corner bump in that top corner works.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:53 am 

What monitor settings are you using? I want to see if I can reproduce that here.

I'm using Win10 with a 4k 27" monitor and a 4k 65" TV. My display settings for multiple monitors is currently set on Duplicate these displays.

Not sure if it matters, but my DPI (scale and layout) is set at 175%.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:59 am 

Hi

Any ETA for the next version? :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Almost there.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 8 posts ]