Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Switch from Winstep Xtreme to Nexus Ultimate
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:33 pm 

Hi all, I was looking to extend my Winstep Xtreme license and have realized I've only ever used WorkShelf... I assume in order to downgrade to Nexus Ultimate I have to completely uninstall Winstep Xtreme, then buy a license for and install Nexus Ultimate, is that correct?

Also, if I backup my WorkShelf settings from Winstep Xtreme I should be able to restore them in Nexus Ultimate?

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Switch from Winstep Xtreme to Nexus Ultimate
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

There are more differences between Winstep Xtreme and Nexus Ultimate than just NextSTART.

For instance, unlike WorkShelf, Nexus Ultimate does not support desktop modules, only the iconic version of the modules in docks, etc... Don't you currently use the former? Nexus Ultimate does not support skinnable (i.e.; according to the current theme) right click context menus either, as that functionality is provided by NextSTART.

Even if you don't use NextSTART to replace the Windows taskbar, it can still be extremely useful to build your own menus and/or launch applications/etc via the built in hotspots.

Sincerely, if you are currently running Winstep Xtreme I strongly advise you not to downgrade to Nexus Ultimate.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]