Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Changing the Start Button Icon
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:41 pm 

I'm using the darktech theme on Winstep Xtreme 19.2 on Windows 10. I like almost everything about it, especially the black, windows 7-like, columnar start menu.

Is there a way to change the start button icon in this theme to the standard windows 7 orb start button icon (.png)?

I have the icon I'd like to use, but I don't know where to look or what to do to change it.

Thanks
Packetron

Post subject: Re: Changing the Start Button Icon
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Apologies for the very late reply.

While doing what you want is already getting into skin/theme building territory, which has a steep learning curve, you might be able to get away with simply replacing the existing Start Button bitmaps for that particular theme.

If you go to

C:\Users\Public\Documents\WinStep\Themes\DarkTech

You should find in that folder 3 bitmaps named Start.png, StartM.png and StartP.png. You can try replacing those bitmaps with your own version, but you must use bitmaps that are the same size (and backup the original files first, just in case).

StartM.png is the image used when hovering over the Start button, and StartP.png is the image used when the Start button is being pressed.

Once you have replaced the bitmaps, restarting the software is probably the quickest way to see your new Start Menu button bitmap versions.

Hope this helps!

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]