Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Dock Clarifications & Feedback
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:21 am 

Hi there,

Your Nexus software is fantastic - thank you for making something so great! I have spent the few weeks experimenting with all the functionality and it is a pleasure to use something so versatile and customisable.

I have a sent a separate email, but suspect it may have been flagged for spam so I am here instead! Apologies if these have been covered off else where on the forums.

Minimise task to dock:
    - I want minimised running applications to appearing in the "side" dock, but I also want them to disappear from the "side" dock when maximise again. Is this behaviour possible?
    I know I can select “show minimise applications only”, but the problem now is there is no way of knowing what applications are running unless they are pinned to my dock (not something I want to do with every app/window – Nexus app for example).
    - How can I enable the option to also close an application from the main dock where apps are pinned, rather than just "side" dock where icons are minimised to? To me it seems more intuitive to close an application this way – especially if “show minimised applications only” is used.
    - How can I enable my minimised browser (Brave) window to show thumbnails rather than just an icon?

Possible Bugs:
    - The prevent duplicate apps opening function does not seem to work specifically with Windows Calculator, is that intentional?
    - The email checker opens a separate window/icon when clicking to run Outlook. This also means the indicator icon does not appear on email checker either.

Future Feature:
    - The shortcut to “This PC” does not have a running indicator letting me know this window is open.
    - Is there any plans to toggle a feature which simplifies the options/list when right clicking a dock item? It would be great to have the option to just to see a few options such as Maximum/Minimise, Pin/Unpin to Dock, Close.
    - I have fiddled around with the Email Checker and it would be great to also have a way of adding badge icons to my unread emails, rather than just a total count of emails.

Thanks in advance.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 1 post ]