Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: startbar quicklaunch
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:44 pm 

Hi!

Hope all is well with all the NS/WS users!

I have found that my NS startbar quicklaunch area is not reflecting the current windows quicklaunch population. Is there a way for NS to rescan the quicklaunch items? Or are they static from NS install on? I have 8 icons in NS and 12 in explorer.

Any thoughts?

thanks

Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

From the - ahem - NextSTART 3.2 User Guide:

QUICK LAUNCH BUTTONS

The Quick Launch area holds shortcuts to NextSTART Quick Launch-type hotspots. Because of this, and unlike the Windows Quick Launch area which can only be used to run applications, NextSTART Quick Launch items can also be used to display menus, run internal NextSTART commands, etc... When NextSTART runs for the first time, it automatically fills its Quick Launch area with the application shortcuts that exist in the original Windows Quick Launch area.

Shortcuts can then be easily added to the NextSTART Quick Launch area by using drag & drop. To delete unwanted Quick Launch items, simply right click on the relevant item and select 'Delete' from the context menu. Quick Launch items can also be ordered at will using drag & drop: simply click on the item you want to move and drag it onto it's new location within the Quick Launch area.

Quick Launch icons can be quickly customized by dropping an *.ico file into the item, and the size of the icons can also be set independently from that of the tasklist icons.

###

To add the missing Explorer Quick Launch items, just open up an Explorer window pointing to C:\Documents and Settings\<Your user name here>\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch and drag & drop the missing items into the NextSTART Quick Launch item section.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:05 pm 

Hmmm, egg on the face two times in a row.... I shall never post again! :D

Thanks for pointing this out, I thought NS synched the quick launch area with the windows quicklaunch area on each startup, not the just the first run. Manually updating is easy, and I should stop whining. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:54 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
I thought NS synched the quick launch area with the windows quicklaunch area on each startup, not the just the first run

Now there's an idea. :D

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]