Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Overall redesign to a more modern theme
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 10:08 am 

Hi

I know that this is very likely an overkill request but I think it needs to be said:

We are no longer in 2008 :)

This website, the dock, it's graphic elements, etc. etc. are still stuck in 2008-2010 era with smoked glass, semi-transparency effects and other outdated visual shenanigans

Is there a plan to modernize this at some point? I know we can apply custom themes I think in 2020 the default visual style should be something more modern than OSX Leopard from 2007 :P

Post subject: Re: Overall redesign to a more modern theme
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 10:25 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey, I resent that lol

I understand your reasoning, but revamping a web site, etc, is not something to be taken lightly. For instance, the look of this forum is customized to the current look of the website, likewise for the shopping cart, etc...

The application itself is, by its very nature and as you stated, skinnable/customizable. What default theme would you suggest?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 10:40 am 

Well I would suggest a more minimalistic theme. I don't have anything particular in mind (I am no artist) but something that resembles more that iPadOS / modern MacOS dock visual style would be better than the current Windows Vista-style icons visual elements

Just my humble opinion but I think others may share it as well :)

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:33 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

RYUK has a point Jorge. The default theme/s do look horribly dated and OTT. OTOH though, I wouldn't dismiss transparency effects out of hand, they can be both useful and attractive. Minimalism certainly seems to be fairly prominent in GNU/Linux distros - Fedora in its various DEs is quite attractive, as is Mint, and even Debian. (The first and last are also my main Linux versions by coincidence.)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]