Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Weather issue...
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 5:00 pm 

5th day always shows up N/A. Also time retrieved is off by by almost 5 hours. I sent you a screen image via email.

Post subject: Re: Weather issue...
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:08 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Does this help?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11229

In summary, a user reported a similar problem. Jorge figured it out and pushed out a beta version to test it and the user reported the problem is fixed.

The fix is in version 20.4 which is a beta version, I think.

To enable beta version access, hit CTRL-F12 to get the Preferences window. Switch to the Advanced tab and click the "Notify me of beta (test) versions", click Apply, and then click "Check for Updates" button. Install 20.4 and then check your weather module.

I hope this helps!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 9:18 pm 

DesertDwarf wrote:
Does this help?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11229

In summary, a user reported a similar problem. Jorge figured it out and pushed out a beta version to test it and the user reported the problem is fixed.

The fix is in version 20.4 which is a beta version, I think.

To enable beta version access, hit CTRL-F12 to get the Preferences window. Switch to the Advanced tab and click the "Notify me of beta (test) versions", click Apply, and then click "Check for Updates" button. Install 20.4 and then check your weather module.

I hope this helps!
I have 20.4 the weather needs fixing on the 5th element its N/A would up load an image but it says its to big.............
-:-edit made it small enough
Attachment:
weather.jpg
weather.jpg [ 21.1 KiB | Viewed 11488 times ]

-:-ure rgistration windows Jorge are going overtime I need to licence it but it says no updates on beta page(config button)

-:-Edit Having read the quoted thread > I have created and sent you a weatherlog to your support address Jorge enjoy

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 2:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unfortunately that is the way it is now.

The last remaining weather feed that is still working is the MSN feed. Not sure if deliberate or not, but the first day for their 5 day forecast is actually the weather for the previous day (!).

As such, all we have available now is a 4 day forecast, and thus the 5th icon will always show N/A.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 3:11 pm 

winstep wrote:
Unfortunately that is the way it is now.

The last remaining weather feed that is still working is the MSN feed. Not sure if deliberate or not, but the first day for their 5 day forecast is actually the weather for the previous day (!).

As such, all we have available now is a 4 day forecast, and thus the 5th icon will always show N/A.

I dont know what happend to prevcious reply sent today has disapeard.
It went like
Hi Jorge is that really so, I just downloaded 19.2 and installed on a brand new win10Pro on a brand new(secondhand) computer and I get a five day forcast.
Attachment:
weather.jpg
weather.jpg [ 33.81 KiB | Viewed 11427 times ]
Edit-:- I just signed up for the beta 20.whatever / and I get a 4 day forcast with one day NA.
Attachment:
weather20.jpg
weather20.jpg [ 34.07 KiB | Viewed 11427 times ]

Jorge you havent got a 0/1 loop out have you?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 11:27 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Look again at the forecasts in the two screenshots, this time carefuly. The problem was in v19.2, not v20.4.

v19.2 assumed the first forecast value was for the current day (which made sense) but unfortunately the issue with the MSN feed meant that assumption was incorrect. The first forecast value in the MSN feed actually reports to the PREVIOUS day, which makes it completely useless (unless you want to know what the max and min temps were YESTERDAY, but that is NOT what a forecast means lol).

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 12:59 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
Look again at the forecasts in the two screenshots, this time carefuly. The problem was in v19.2, not v20.4.

v19.2 assumed the first forecast value was for the current day (which made sense) but unfortunately the issue with the MSN feed meant that assumption was incorrect. The first forecast value in the MSN feed actually reports to the PREVIOUS day, which makes it completely useless (unless you want to know what the max and min temps were YESTERDAY, but that is NOT what a forecast means lol).

So, IOW, the weather module has effectively become obsolete. Exactly my thoughts even before this as I checked it and in the details, several values are completely omitted now, others presented rather poorly. Plus, what data MSN provides are even further out for my area than those that were provided by weather.com.

Why not have a look at the weather feeds used by Linux distros Jorge? The weather deskbar utils certainly seem to work well enough. OK, it would perhaps mean a re-write of the module and changes to skins, but surely better than this dead dodo? :)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]