Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Function differences between Nexus Ultimate and Xtreme
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:49 pm 

Since I will have to purchase a new license [because of an MS windows disaster lost my original install license] I am unable to simply annually update, because after fixing the windows problem it annihilated my full license of Nexus Ultimate.

Now being at a crossroad, I would appreciate if I can get some pointers of the most significant difference of Xtreme. I see the visual difference and know that WinStep is fantastic with visual customization possibilities.
What I need to know is what changes in the functions?

I am contemplating to maybe go for the Xtreme this time since I have to start from scratch. Will the backup that I have saved from Ultimate work without too many modifications in Xtreme.

screenshot 1 = using docks etc. individually as my own navigation system throughout my hard drives.
screenshot 2 = as my desktop looks always hiding the docks and activating via edge bump, closing auto after selection of an item was made.

I truly appreciate any feedback. :?

Thanks, Michele

Post subject: Re: Function differences between Nexus Ultimate and Xtreme
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 3:18 pm 

activebiz wrote:
Since I will have to purchase a new license [because of an MS windows disaster lost my original install license] I am unable to simply annually update, because after fixing the windows problem it annihilated my full license of Nexus Ultimate.

Thanks, Michele

If you ask Jorge(winstep) nicely he will provided you the licence codes again.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 11:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey Michelle,

Just moved offices so things are still a bit hectic here - and I'm trying to catch up with old(er) email.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 4:38 am 

winstep wrote:
Hey Michelle,

Just moved offices so things are still a bit hectic here - and I'm trying to catch up with old(er) email.

Oh, Dear, I know what this is like. I just wanted you to know, I was able to resolve the trial issue. Did a rigorous search [hours - lol] on all my hard drives, and voila, I found one of the very early [from 2010] installation saves [key] and I simply dropped it in the license folder, and bingo, it immediately changed me to registered [again].

After you have time - no rush] I may still consider purchasing a Xtreme version.

I wish you smooth sailing :roll: with setting up all your equipment all over again!
Kind regards,
Michele

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]