Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Entire dock disappears except control icon
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:38 am 

G'day all..
Just bought Ultimate and love it...but have an issue that I cannot seem to find the root cause.
The lower dock seems to disappear on its own, even when nothing is opened on the screen, and I also don't have auto hide enabled. What's really strange is it leaves the dock control icon visible, yet its not even enabled.
Is this something anyone else has seen ?
Cheers

Attachment:
20200707_012041.jpg
20200707_012041.jpg [ 308 KiB | Viewed 6437 times ]

Post subject: Re: Entire dock disappears except control icon
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

A dock can be either docked to a screen edge OR left 'floating'. A floating dock can be dragged anywhere on the screen.

While hidden docked docks can be retrieved by bumping the associated screen edge, a floating dock is obviously not associated to any screen edge. So, when it hides, it hides by 'collapsing' itself.

Since it must leave **something** behind for you to click on when you want to expand the dock again, it shows the dock control icon even when that has been disabled.

You might not have auto-hide enabled, but perhaps you have the option to hide automatically after launching an application or for the dock to start hidden (Dock Properties -> Behavior tab -> Auto-Hide Settings button).

Anyway, the most obvious solution is to actually dock the dock to a screen edge (Dock Properties -> Position tab -> Enable 'Dock to screen edge...').

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Entire dock disappears except control icon
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:42 am 

Thankyou..
All auto hides were turned off, and it's position was at the bottom edge, but I had not docked it to the edge. Noticed the miscellaneous option was checked which prevented it from being dragged with the mouse, hence I thought it was docked. :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]