Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Is Jorge absent?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:02 pm 

Every response I'm getting from "admin" and other responses I see from "admin" on other's posts are all the same.

It's just "sorry" this is the way it is, or it's by design, or it's a windows issue.

It's not the usual Jorge I'm used to.

Post subject: Re: Is Jorge absent?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:10 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Nor me. However, I believe a certain thread or two can have a deleterious effect and someone's attitude. It's also possible his personal life has been strenuous and it's none of our business. Or it could be a combination of the two.

It's unfortunate. For those of us that like Jorge and his software, we just have to hang in there and bear with these absences. Or, we can leave him and his software and just move on. He is his own boss and I don't feel it's my business to correct anything he's doing (or not doing). I do so by voting with my dollars. I recently renewed, so he's got 11 months of grace from me. :-)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:17 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

DesertDwarf wrote:
Nor me. However, I believe a certain thread or two can have a deleterious effect and someone's attitude. It's also possible his personal life has been strenuous and it's none of our business. Or it could be a combination of the two.

It's unfortunate. For those of us that like Jorge and his software, we just have to hang in there and bear with these absences. Or, we can leave him and his software and just move on. He is his own boss and I don't feel it's my business to correct anything he's doing (or not doing). I do so by voting with my dollars. I recently renewed, so he's got 11 months of grace from me. :-)

Seems to me that Jorge's replies were perfectly reasonable, especially when you consider the amount of spam he had to sift through, get rid of and delete users...

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:14 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's me, alright lol

Nexter is partially right. Sometimes I will also just say No to some feature requests because I don't find them 'generally' useful, technically feasible or it would simply be too much work for very little in return.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]