Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Replacement for ObjectDock?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:10 pm 

Hello everyone,,
I have low expectations for a replacement, but I've been using ObjectDock from the company Stardock for about a decade now, and while I love a lot of things about it, it has not been maintained over the years and kind of runs like garbage on my W10 PC these days. So I'm looking for a good replacement.

I should add that when I started using ObjectDock it was to replace Rocketdock which for whatever reason at that time just wasn't meeting my needs, I have no idea if they've been updating and maintaining it over the years so if it's gotten a lot better someone let me know.

Are there any NEW dock style launcher programs anyone knows of?

Post subject: Re: Replacement for ObjectDock?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:05 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

RocketDock is indeed dead. The following website lists alternatives to RocketDock. Winstep is at the top of the list when filter to Windows.

https://alternativeto.net/software/rocketdock/

You'll have to learn how to do things a different way than ObjectDock did them, but that can be a good thing. Also, Jorge here is a member of Stardock's forums and has interacted with users there, too. (Some people like to run a combination of Winstep and Stardock stuff.)

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]