Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Is there a way to show all open browser tabs from the dock?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:23 am 

On the windows task bar when you have multiple tabs opened in say Chrome you can hover over the icon and it will show you a small window with all the tabs you have opened, is there a function similar to this on the dock? I have 3 monitors and move tabs across all the screens, currently on my dock if I just click my chrome icon it opens the last tab I used. I have to alt tab through all my opened programs to find the tab I want to bring up.

Post subject: Re: Is there a way to show all open browser tabs from the do
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:55 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Sushimane wrote:
On the windows task bar when you have multiple tabs opened in say Chrome you can hover over the icon and it will show you a small window with all the tabs you have opened, is there a function similar to this on the dock? I have 3 monitors and move tabs across all the screens, currently on my dock if I just click my chrome icon it opens the last tab I used. I have to alt tab through all my opened programs to find the tab I want to bring up.

Chrome is a queer sort of beast. You might get the tabs displayed when you hover over the icon in the NextSTART Taskbar, but I don't think there's any way to have this in NeXus. You do know that Chrome = Google and that you're gifting Google all your data - pages looked at, browser version, OS, geo location, etc. etc. There's no privacy there at all, nor security.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:17 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sushimane wrote:

Did you already enable the 'show running applications on this dock' setting?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:29 pm 

Thank you both for the replies and thanks Winstep that is what im looking for, its not perfect but im very happy to use it.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]