50%
[ 1 ]
No
50%
[ 1 ]

Total votes : 2
 Post subject: Windows Taskbar below/behind Nexus Dock
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:18 am 

I have been getting this bug, for a day or two now, and it just recently started, although I did not face this during the first few days of using Nexus Dock

The problem I'm having is this: Sometimes clicking on the Windows Taskbar, and then clicking on the desktop makes the Windows Taskbar go behind the Nexus Dock, thus making it difficult to select the icons on the Windows Taskbar. Clicking on the Windows Taskbar's body again seems to bring it in front of the Nexus Dock, but the problem will repeat itself if I again click on the desktop.

For information, I have checked the preferences, and all of them have got to do something along the lines of "Keep Nexus Dock behind all apps i.e on the desktop". I also have the taskbar minimized from the Windows 10 settings.

What I've tried to fix this but didn't work: Make a backup of the current settings and then reinstall Nexus Dock and re-load that backup. I HAD TaskbarX installed, but I uninstalled it to see if it fixed it, but it didn't. I also tried messing around the settings but that didn't fix it either. I also tried to see if Cleaning the registry entries using CCleaner and restarting would fix anything, but to no avail.

The only thing that I have yet to try is reinstalling Nexus Dock but instead of reloading the backup, I'll start customizing the settings from scratch.

If anyone else knows any fix to this, please inform me... T.I.A

P.S : I have attached screenshots in order to help visualise the issue

Attachments:
File comment: What it should like
Annotation 2020-08-26 100151.png
Annotation 2020-08-26 100151.png [ 66.33 KiB | Viewed 10536 times ]
File comment: What it looks like
Annotation 2020-08-26 100128.png
Annotation 2020-08-26 100128.png [ 78.68 KiB | Viewed 10536 times ]

Post subject: Re: Windows Taskbar below/behind Nexus Dock
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:21 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You know why time travel doesn't work? Because if two bodies occupy the same position in time and space they both explode, a blackhole is created and the whole universe is swallowed up, thus coming to an end. :P

I always fail to understand why some users want to have the Windows taskbar and the dock occupying the same position on the screen and then complain when it doesn't work. The answer is simple: because it was never intended to be used like that.

You have a 'respect space reserved by other docks, toolbars and screen objects' - use that setting to make the dock sit above (above, NOT 'on top of') the taskbar. You can also prevent the dock from being covered by maximized windows by selecting the relevant option. You can also use the screen edge offset feature to move the dock above the taskbar.

What you can not reliably do is have the taskbar and the dock occupy the same position on the screen - this will always lead to a conflict between the two toolbars.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:37 pm 

winstep wrote:
You know why time travel doesn't work? Because if two bodies occupy the same position in time and space they both explode, a blackhole is created and the whole universe is swallowed up, thus coming to an end. :P

I always fail to understand why some users want to have the Windows taskbar and the dock occupying the same position on the screen and then complain when it doesn't work. The answer is simple: because it was never intended to be used like that.

What you can not reliably do is have the taskbar and the dock occupy the same position on the screen - this will always lead to a conflict between the two toolbars.

Jorge, the reason users get that impression is because it seems intuitive that like open windows on the taskbar, system tray clock and other items in the taskbar and system tray, the dock can be there too.

I remember having a similar issue when I first used Xtreme. I currently use the updated version for the latest Windows OS, T-Clock-2.4.4-492-rc https://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-E ... edux.shtml for my system tray clock. Back then, it was Stoic Joker's T-clock.

I really like the Xtreme taskbar and tried to adjust it to fit to the left of the T-Clock clock in the system tray but it wouldn't stay. I posted about it on the forum and like now, Jorge advised me that it cannot be done. So I'm stuck using the Windows taskbar.

Jorge, you're a seasoned developer, so I strongly suggest that you get into the lab and figure out to how defy the laws of physics and make two bodies occupy the same space!! :P

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:25 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm not God... lol :wink:

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:09 am 

winstep wrote:
I'm not God... lol :wink:

Well duh, God only rested ONE day after creating the world. ;-)

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:35 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

LOL

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]