Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Battery module with multiple batteries
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:26 am 

Hi there,

I recently purchased Nexus Ultimate and was eager to use the battery module with my dock. Unfortunately, it's not working the way I want it to work. My Lenovo Thinkpad has both an internal and an external battery. Windows (and other tools) correctly show both batteries and produce a combined estimate for how much power is left in my two batteries.

The Nexus battery module does not report two batteries. At the moment, Windows is telling me that the laptop is using the external battery. Meanwhile, Nexus is telling me that the internal battery is fully loaded and does not mention the external battery at all. Neither does the power event log.

Is there any way to account for the two batteries used?

Post subject: Re: Battery module with multiple batteries
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unfortunately there isn't.

This would require multi-session modules (i.e.; the ability to have more than one version of the same module but each with different parameters/arguments, like, for instance, two weather modules each reporting the weather in different locations).

Since the modules in the Winstep application were not created from the ground up with this in mind, such an ability would at this point require a MAJOR re-write of the code.

Major re-writes have happened before for other features (for instance, when the ability to support multiple shelves/tabbed docks was added) so it is definitely something on the to-do list, but given that it requires a major effort - and the possibility of introducing lots of bugs to what was previously very stable code - there is currently no ETA on it.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Battery module with multiple batteries
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:13 pm 

Got ya. Well, I can still use the Windows battery symbol in the system tray :)

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]