Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Winstep Taskbar Integration
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:41 pm 

I was going to continue in the other thread but decided it's best to start a new one since it dealt more about the dock than the taskbar. The quotes are from the other thread.

Windy wrote:
Jorge, you're a seasoned developer, so I strongly suggest that you get into the lab and figure out to how defy the laws of physics and make two bodies occupy the same space!! :P

winstep wrote:
I'm not God... lol :wink:

Well, he must have stepped in somehow! :lol:

I decided just for the heck of it since there have been many updates since then to try again. To my surprise I was able to do it...with a few caveats. Of course, I have to leave the Windows taskbar enabled so the T-Clock clock can work.

1. Is there a way to use Classic Shell with the Xtreme taskbar? I have it set to use the Start Menu style like it was in 7 and the Main Menu that shows all the programs to how it was in XP.

2. Is there a way to show the search box the way it is in Windows 10?

3. Is there a way to prevent the Windows taskbar from stealing focus when something is clicked anywhere on/in the Xtreme taskbar?

As you can see, I moved the Xtreme taskbar over so the Windows search shows.

https://imgur.com/a/dVMIa13

Here are some of the settings I used. As you can see in the pic, the Windows taskbar stole focus from the Xtreme taskbar. As I said, this happens with anything I click on the taskbar.

https://imgur.com/a/bFIEUng

Post subject: Re: Winstep Taskbar Integration
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:09 pm 

Jorge, please respond. The reason I posted is because it appears to me that I'm only one setting away from it working totally. It's not the same as it was a long time ago. I couldn't get anywhere as close in the past as I can now. I assume because of changes made.

If the correct setting isn't already there, it seems like it might be possible for you to add something to make it work.

If EVERYTHING is minimized, the Winstep taskbar appears. What does that have to do with the whole occupying the same space thing? If that's the issue, I don't get it.

Post subject: Re: Winstep Taskbar Integration
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:53 am 

Jorge, I've read the changelog and recent posts made.

I'm unclear as to whether or not the update will make it possible to use the Winstep taskbar with T-Clock so that the Winstep taskbar will show all the time and not just when ALL applications are minimized or closed.

I'm still confused as to why in the past it would not work at all, but now that isn't the case. I hope the new update will allow it to work fully.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]