Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: NexusDock Will Not Recognize that my third monitor exists.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:21 pm 

I recently got a third (second external) monitor. Nexusdock Ultimate has been working perfectly fine on two monitors. I have had two docks, one for each monitor. Now, I hooked up my third monitor. The third monitor is working fine in every way, except that Nexusdock won't recognize that it exists! I tried to create a third dock and set it to be docked on the bottom of the third monitor, but it won't show me a third monitor as an option. I then tried to create it as a floating dock and just drag it to the third screen, but when I do that it zips back over to the first or second screen when I stop dragging. Interestingly, I can move the Nexusdock preferences page over to the third monitor and it will stay there fine, but no dock I create will stay on the third monitor.

I know the issue is not with the monitor itself; the monitor is functioning perfectly fine, is the exact same monitor as my second monitor, and was set up less than an hour after the second monitor was set up, using the same settings. However, Nexusdock shows up on the second monitor, but does not show up on the third monitor, no matter what I do. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks,

Rob

Post subject: Re: NexusDock Will Not Recognize that my third monitor exist
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:35 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

First you need to make sure that ALL monitors share the SAME dpi (text size) settings, e.g.; all 100% or all 125%. If that is not the case, Windows itself will literally 'lie' to the Winstep application about screen resolution sizes resulting in weird stuff like what you are experiencing.

Second and if that doesn't solve it (you will need to reboot if you changed the DPI settings of one or more of the monitors), you can download THIS little applet (just unzip and run the executable) to understand how the Winstep application 'sees' your current monitor setup. Copy and paste the results here.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]