Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Problems with Nexus and shelf after power fail
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:37 pm 

I have a laptop with two external screens in the following configuration:

L

NextSTART is on the left side of screen 1, Nexus is at the bottom of screen 1, and a shelf at the bottom of the laptop screen (L).

Last night I had a power failure (actually had over a hundred of them due to damaged wires touching in a high wind). The laptop uses a battery so it was unaffected. But monitors 1 and 2 shut off. When I came in this morning, the Nexus and shelf were nowhere to be seen. I tried relaunching them but nothing appeared.

After rebooting the laptop, I briefly saw both Nexus and the shelf at the bottom of screen 2. This was a problem because I activate them with a screen edge bump and there's no screen edge to bump. It took me a looooong time running my cursor back and forth between screens to get them to show up so that I could restore their positions.

NextSTART worked fine since it returned to its original position after the power was restored. Nexus and the shelf should mimic this, and if they need to be moved because of a power failure, they should never be placed between two screens.

Post subject: Re: Problems with Nexus and shelf after power fail
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:11 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

WorkShelf actually has support for multiple multi-monitor configurations, so that when you turn on or off a monitor docks and shelves enable or disable and also position themselves properly (otherwise they are automatically and permanently moved to a visible position).

Perhaps you are running a version older than v19.2? Also check that 'Disable multi-monitor profiles' in WorkShelf Preferences -> General tab, is NOT checked.

Also, you can always access WorkShelf Preferennces via CTRL+F11, and from there you can access the Properties of each individual dock/shelf (and thus control their position) via the Docks & Shelves tab.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:21 am 

Version is 20.10 and "Disable multi-monitor profiles" is unchecked.

Thanks for the Ctrl-F11 tip. That makes switching back easy!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:29 am 

You can access WorkShelf Preferennces via CTRL F11 then access the Properties of each individual dock/shelf via the Docks & Shelves tab.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:04 pm 

winstep wrote:
WorkShelf actually has support for multiple multi-monitor configurations, so that when you turn on or off a monitor docks and shelves enable or disable and also position themselves properly (otherwise they are automatically and permanently moved to a visible position).

Perhaps you are running a version older than v19.2? Also check that 'Disable multi-monitor profiles' in WorkShelf Preferences -> General tab, is NOT checked.

Also, you can always access WorkShelf Preferennces via CTRL+F11, and from there you can access the Properties of each individual dock/shelf (and thus control their position) via the Docks & Shelves tab.

Thanks Admin,
I have been looking for this information for a long time, I was very surprised when I found it here.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]