Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Position of floating docks being reset
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:32 am 

I'm setting up a new theme on Nexus Ultimate, but I've set a couple docks to "floating" as opposed to docked to the edge, since that way they'll close / open new applications on the right side without recentering the whole dock (I find the time it takes to wait on the dock recentering the icons annoying).

This WAS working, until I booted up with my monitor off, which apparently pushed everything to a lower resolution and caused the docks to get repositioned. I though this wouldn't be a problem if I restarted Nexus, but then coming back, the docks were still in the wrong position.

Is there a way I can save the original position of my docks, so if they get reset from explorer crashing or a resolution change or something, I could just hit a hotkey to bring them back? If my docks keep getting reset, this is really going to limit the usefulness for me.

EDIT:

I may have solved the problem, under those floating docks, the "snap to edge" option was left checked under behavior. Leaving it off, they seem to return to their original position. Hope it stays this way!

EDIT 2:
Nope, the problem still persists. Turning off snap to edge only helped some situations, if there's a lot of resolution changing, it can really get screwed up. Having an option to remember the dock positions and apply that would be very helpful.

EDIT 3: This is happening to "locked" docks snapped to the edge also (but only dyanmic ones like the taskbar and system tray). It really sucks there's no way to either keep them locked or else reset them via a hotkey.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 1 post ]