Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 12 posts ]
 Post subject: Nexus Ghost Icons After Sleep - SOLVED
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:12 pm 

Just in the last few days when waking up my dock has two of each icon like a ghost. I have to shutdown winstep and re open to correct it.

Post subject: Re: Nexus Ghost Icons After Sleep
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:44 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

gillon wrote:
Just in the last few days when waking up my dock has two of each icon like a ghost. I have to shutdown winstep and re open to correct it.

Sorry I had to split this off to its own thread - didn't really fit where it was, and most importantly, that thread is suspect and could be prelude to spam or even might be spam.

Very odd things can and do happen with third party apps like Winstep when Windows wakes up from sleep mode as we've observed here before. This could be one such case and definitely would be a Windows issue, alas.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:49 am 

I am suspecting that having Photoshop running at the time comp went to sleep could be the culprit. I will test my theory and let you know.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:10 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

gillon wrote:
I am suspecting that having Photoshop running at the time comp went to sleep could be the culprit. I will test my theory and let you know.

That might be another possibility of course. However, if in doubt, "IBM" - "I blame Microsoft". ;) On those occasions that I use Windows 10 and the laptop goes into sleep mode, I'm left with all sorts of weird and wonderful (not!) issues. (Never ever encounter any problems when Linux goes into sleep mode, thank goodness.)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:33 pm 

Okay, it wasn't Photoshop. I went to bed with nothing running except nexus and rainmeter. This morning the double dock was back. Do do do do

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:03 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

gillon wrote:
Okay, it wasn't Photoshop. I went to bed with nothing running except nexus and rainmeter. This morning the double dock was back. Do do do do

Sorry to hear it, ghosted double icons must be esp. irritating. :( Alas, it looks like that's another case of a "special feature" of Windows sleep mode then....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:00 am 

Nexus is becoming unusable on my main computer. I have the computer connected to my TV and I also have my old computer connected too. Everytime I switch inputs and back again I have two docks,one on top of the other. The only way to correct is to exit winstep and re launch it. I also have a new laptop and have never seen this on it or on my old pc.

I have tried sending the top dock to the side of the screen and after a few second delay the bottom one flies down and snaps to the other one. Nice animation but I can do without it.

My dock configuration is one main dock at the bottom centre. my running programs on the bottom right and the systray on the bottom left. Both the main dock and the running programs dock double up, but not the systray. Also I have 3 subdocks in the main dock but they do not duplicate.

I don't know how to post a screenshot unfortunately

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:31 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

gillon wrote:
Nexus is becoming unusable on my main computer. I have the computer connected to my TV and I also have my old computer connected too. Everytime I switch inputs and back again I have two docks,one on top of the other. The only way to correct is to exit winstep and re launch it. I also have a new laptop and have never seen this on it or on my old pc.

I have tried sending the top dock to the side of the screen and after a few second delay the bottom one flies down and snaps to the other one. Nice animation but I can do without it.

My dock configuration is one main dock at the bottom centre. my running programs on the bottom right and the systray on the bottom left. Both the main dock and the running programs dock double up, but not the systray. Also I have 3 subdocks in the main dock but they do not duplicate.

I don't know how to post a screenshot unfortunately

I suppose this is separate from the 'Ghost Icons' problem?

A screenshot would help. It's quite simple to attach one. When you're typing the post, scroll down a little and you'll see an "Upload Attachment" area. Just browse for the screenshot's file name, add a comment if desired, click 'Add the file', then select something like 'Display file/image inline', and Bob's your uncle. ;)

That said, I'm sorry but I'm not sure I can help with this issue, but maybe DesertDwarf might be able to shed more light onto it?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:18 pm 

The ghost and double dock are one in the same. I think I have found the problem but I will wait and see. I turned off dual monitor in preferences and unpluged a not in service hdmi in the computer( I was using two displays a while ago, but only on mirroring, not extending display. This has helped so fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:26 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

gillon wrote:
The ghost and double dock are one in the same. I think I have found the problem but I will wait and see. I turned off dual monitor in preferences and unpluged a not in service hdmi in the computer( I was using two displays a while ago, but only on mirroring, not extending display. This has helped so fingers crossed.

Oh, right, thought they were separate issues. :)

Well, let's hope you found the solution then. Either way, please let us know here. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:45 pm 

It seemed to have worked. The issue has not shown up since I made the changes. I did try to upload a screenshot but it didn't work.

Thanks Nexter

Post subject: Re: Nexus Ghost Icons After Sleep - SOLVED
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:22 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

gillon wrote:
It seemed to have worked. The issue has not shown up since I made the changes. I did try to upload a screenshot but it didn't work.

Thanks Nexter

Glad to note the issue is resolved Gillon. :) We volunteer moderators, DesertDwarf - aka 'good cop' - and I - aka 'bad cop' ;) - try our best to help when we can and when time permits while Jorge remains in absentia. I remember a time though when this little community used to be full of people all trying to help each other, but I guess there are now precious few of us long-term users left nowadays, and the only ones I've encountered so far that I remember are yourself, DesertDwarf (back then under a different sobriquet like myself), and vectornut. To think, it all started on IRC and a mailing list, then Yahoo Groups, and finally, here! :)

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 12 posts ]