Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: I need help with bought license (Nexus Ultimate)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:40 am 

Hi there.

I've been using your awesome program Nexus Ultimate for many years. Recently I needed to format my PC and I lost my license key, so I decided to buy it again to help you developing more stuff.

But I made a mistake in the email field of the buying form and I typed my wrongly (yes, I copy&pasted it 'cause I was too lazy to type it again), so I can't receive that license. I tried to email my problem to both addresses support@winstep.net and sales@winstep.net but no answer in more than a week.

Can you contact me, please?

I can provide the relevant invoice, of course.

Thanks for your help :)

Post subject: Re: I need help with bought license (Nexus Ultimate)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:03 am 

bottomdwelling wrote:
why don't they have any phone number for emerging issues? don't know when they will reply bubble shooter

Yes, you're right. They should have it, or at least the commitment to answer the emails in a reasonable time. But it seems that neither one thing nor the other.

C'mon, Winstep staff, it's not as hard as it seems. Check your messages. My order date is 11/26/2020, too much days waiting!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:26 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nightmoist wrote:
bottomdwelling wrote:
why don't they have any phone number for emerging issues? don't know when they will reply bubble shooter

Yes, you're right. They should have it, or at least the commitment to answer the emails in a reasonable time. But it seems that neither one thing nor the other.

C'mon, Winstep staff, it's not as hard as it seems. Check your messages. My order date is 11/26/2020, too much days waiting!

You are kidding, right!? WTF do you think this is - some major software house like Adobe, MS or whatever, and some major app costing major amounts? And have you tried getting telephone support from any major ISV - you'd have a pretty tough time getting any. Winstep is a one-man operation, which you would know if you'd perused the forums here for any amount of time if not by using common sense from the kind of apps Winstep are. Telephone support is simply completely out of the question for any small ISV let alone a one-man band!

Support is normally provided quite swiftly by email where appropriate or here in the forums. Email support only applies to registered users, so if you use an email address that's different from the one you registered with you're out of luck. At the moment the developer is absent temporarily but I'm sure he'll be back and catching up. In the meantime, some of us try and answer queries here where appropriate and/or possible.

Heck, for the low price of Winstep apps you're lucky you get any support at all and not a simple RTFM, given this is the commercial Windows world.

When you purchase a license for either Winstep Xtreme or Nexus Ultimate you do so from BMS Micro, and the license key is sent out by email automatically as soon as your purchase is confirmed. If you haven't received it, you may have given the wrong email address - wouldn't be the first time that's happened - e.g. by making a typo or using an old account, or most likely your email provider put it in your Spam folder. But sent out it certainly was, it's an automatic process without human intervention. In the first instance, non-receipt of license keys should be taken up with BMT Micro, BTW. But the Winstep developer usually bends over backwards to help anybody - we all have our little faults, after all. :mrgreen: :evil:

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:32 pm 

Why am I supposed to be kidding you? I do not have to know what corporate level a company has or how many people work in it. I have simply bought a license from a company, I have not received it due to a mistake that I myself have made (which is sufficiently explained in the various emails that I have sent them), and I am only complaining about the time it takes to respond. That's it.

If Winstep is a small company, or one-man firm, then I am very impressed by the quality of their products, but this does not invalidate my request. And if the developer is absent, then configure an automatic response or report it on the support website.
What's more, I would not have registered in the forum if it weren't for the express indication in the help section.

I am not in a hurry, it is not a matter of life and death, but I would like to be minimally informed of the resolution of my problem.

By the way, on the BMT Micro website it is reported that before any complaint to them, it is first a matter of contacting the developer, which is exactly what I have been trying to do since last November 26.

I don't think I'm asking that much.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:06 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nightmoist wrote:
Why am I supposed to be kidding you? I do not have to know what corporate level a company has or how many people work in it. I have simply bought a license from a company, I have not received it due to a mistake that I myself have made (which is sufficiently explained in the various emails that I have sent them), and I am only complaining about the time it takes to respond. That's it.

If Winstep is a small company, or one-man firm, then I am very impressed by the quality of their products, but this does not invalidate my request. And if the developer is absent, then configure an automatic response or report it on the support website.
What's more, I would not have registered in the forum if it weren't for the express indication in the help section.

I am not in a hurry, it is not a matter of life and death, but I would like to be minimally informed of the resolution of my problem.

By the way, on the BMT Micro website it is reported that before any complaint to them, it is first a matter of contacting the developer, which is exactly what I have been trying to do since last November 26.

I don't think I'm asking that much.

Cheers!

Fairynuff, automatic email notifications of absence and also here would be a nice touch. And if BMT states to contact developer in first instance these days, also fine.

I do understand that this is a frustrating experience for you and other users in similar situations but would ask you to please be patient. I'm sure Jorge - the dev - will be back in action RSN. Unfortunately, there is nothing the community here can do to help in this case.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:04 pm 

No problem, I don't want any kind of conflict with anyone. If you tell me that the developer is absent now but that he is going to enter the forum, then I am pleased.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:03 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nightmoist wrote:
No problem, I don't want any kind of conflict with anyone. If you tell me that the developer is absent now but that he is going to enter the forum, then I am pleased.

Not really any great help, but you're welcome, anyway. :) Jorge will be back. Eventually. You'll get used to the little quirks of this forum. Eventually. ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]