Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Performance Gadget
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:02 pm 

Does anyone know of a desktop/nexus performance gadget displaying CPU, RAM and Page-File utilization?

Post subject: Re: Performance Gadget
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:58 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

There are Desktop Modules that can be attached to the dock, a workshelf or free-floating on the desktop for CPU, RAM, Network, and other things, but not one for the pagefile.

I have CPU and RAM down in my NextSTART taskbar...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:17 pm 

@DesertDwarf, thanks but I want to be able to monitor RAM and Page-File consumption in real time.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:09 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

pvsurfer wrote:
@DesertDwarf, thanks but I want to be able to monitor RAM and Page-File consumption in real time.

If you want real time, get a real time OS, otherwise you won't get it. Even Windows and Linux with their own monitor apps/applets have a small delay of between 1-10 secs. Page file usage, in the case of the Winstep RAM module, is included as it displays the total RAM usage but also splits it up in an info bubble on mouse-over - not that it's of any real importance, what matters is total virtual memory use.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:58 pm 

@nexter, seems to me that's nit-picking. Win10 is my OS so I'll live with whatever 'real time' info is available from it. I simply want to monitor my RAM and Page File usage while running 'resource-hungry' Adobe software just to see if I'm running low on either one (or both)!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:32 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

pvsurfer wrote:
@nexter, seems to me that's nit-picking. Win10 is my OS so I'll live with whatever 'real time' info is available from it. I simply want to monitor my RAM and Page File usage while running 'resource-hungry' Adobe software just to see if I'm running low on either one (or both)!

Well, the Winstep RAM module does just that - total memory use, plus on mouse-over a full breakdown of physical and virtual memory.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:50 pm 

nexter wrote:
pvsurfer wrote:

Well, the Winstep RAM module does just that - total memory use, plus on mouse-over a full breakdown of physical and virtual memory.

I just tried using the Nexus RAM Meter module and while it accurately reports physical RAM its reporting of Virtual Memory isn't even close to my actual allocated page file size! :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:09 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

pvsurfer wrote:
nexter wrote:
pvsurfer wrote:

I just tried using the Nexus RAM Meter module and while it accurately reports physical RAM its reporting of Virtual Memory isn't even close to my actual allocated page file size! :roll:

This is not a problem that seems ever to have been reported here before. The info I get here is always 100% accurate.

This would suggest that maybe the problem is with your system.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:33 am 

I search a lot and found one tool that provide this kind information. Frankly I didn`t download this tool because I don`t have any antivirus software installed on my PC. This tool offer page file information separately, try and let me know.

http://www.standards.com/ThisAndThat/Pa ... nitor.html

Apart from this I believe you already know, you can also check from page file information through windows task manager.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 9 posts ]