Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Rainmeter's Bangs as arguments
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:27 pm 

Hello, I wanted to load a Rainmeter skin into nexus dock, and i heard somewhere that if you setup a rainmeter bang in the arguments section you should be able to load a skin from it.

I am trying to set it up but most likely i am missing or doing something wrong. Anyone ever tried to do it?

Thanks a bunch :)

Post subject: Re: Rainmeter's Bangs as arguments
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:37 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Gigi123 wrote:
Hello, I wanted to load a Rainmeter skin into nexus dock, and i heard somewhere that if you setup a rainmeter bang in the arguments section you should be able to load a skin from it.

I am trying to set it up but most likely i am missing or doing something wrong. Anyone ever tried to do it?

Thanks a bunch :)

As far as I'm aware, Rainmeter skins are not compatible with any Winstep app - certainly would very much surprise me if they were, and I use RM myself sometimes. RM skins are a totally different affair to Winstep themes. The latter consist of bitmap (raster) gfx files and human-readable configuration files, while the former use vector gfx and hard to learn configs. So I couldn't possibly imagine any kind of compatibility. But as ever, I'd like to be proved wrong. :)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post subject: Re: Rainmeter's Bangs as arguments
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:02 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Gigi123 wrote:
i heard somewhere that if you setup a rainmeter bang in the arguments section you should be able to load a skin from it.

As Nexter said, Rainmeter and Winstep are unrelated programs and one cannot load the other.

I'm curious where you "heard somewhere" that you can do that?

The closest I can find is this question. The answer says that while you can't load a Winstep theme, it does tell you how you can load a theme for Rainmeter.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]