Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Great bit of Software, but is it worth renewing subscription
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:20 pm 

Been a subscriber now for over nine years, very happy, even if I only use a small % of its possibility's, and certainly last major upgrade that I saw a use for was when the speed of opening was improved.
So question I must answer is that is it worth renewing subscription due this month, I feel maybe not

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Great bit of Software, but is it worth renewing subscrip
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:35 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

divingbrit wrote:
Been a subscriber now for over nine years, very happy, even if I only use a small % of its possibility's, and certainly last major upgrade that I saw a use for was when the speed of opening was improved.
So question I must answer is that is it worth renewing subscription due this month, I feel maybe not

Well, given the current situation of uncertainty, even as someone who's been with the programme since its inception back in 98, my recommendation sadly can only be to wait and perhaps renew once Jorge returns. :(

There are still a lot of features on the 'to do' list of course, but no guarantee as to when they'll start coming along. Besides which, there are a fair number of albeit relatively minor bugs and issues that should have been addressed a long while ago. There's still a lot of life left in the programme, so hang on in there.

It remains to be hoped that all's well with Jorge and that he'll be back RSN.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:27 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

divingbrit wrote:

Well, Jorge is back, thank goodness, so - go ahead and renew anytime you're ready. :)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

divingbrit wrote:

How long ago was that? :D Wasn't that BEFORE Grid Stacks, Drawers, etc?

Out of curiosity, do you usually read the What's New section of the new release announcements in the main page of the site?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:46 am 

Quote:
How long ago was that? :D Wasn't that BEFORE Grid Stacks, Drawers, etc?

Yes it was before all of these, and Yes I read
Quote:
What's New section of the new release announcements

It has been a long time, there was a post or two a few years ago, requesting a Manual on how to get the best from your software, and you explained that even then there was so many features and being the sole developer, you had not got the time to produce it,
Maybe in the future a screen shot of what the latest addition does would be handy
One picture is worth a hundred words

Good to see you back and the spam removed from the board

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

divingbrit wrote:
Maybe in the future a screen shot of what the latest addition does would be handy
One picture is worth a hundred words

I agree, which is why if you go to the main page of the Winstep web site and click on the 'Older News' link at the right side and then follow back the release announcements, you will find that each announcement usually has pictures highlighting the most important new features.

The exception was this last release (20.10) which only shows text (but is still better than nothing).

As you go back in time/version numbers in the Old News section of the web site, you should get a pretty good idea of which new features were added and how you can use them.

divingbrit wrote:
Good to see you back and the spam removed from the board

Thanks! :)

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]