Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: System Tray Bug
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:43 am 

Hi, recently I've noticed a bug in the System tray that some of the running programs there won't show de right-click menu with the options that I need and not even will work the double left click to open the program. SteelSeries Engine 3 and Google Drive just won't show the right-click menu and nor will open the program with a double click. Just to clarify I've already tested it without the Nexus program running and both actions will work.

Attachments:
NVIDIA_Share_NFB07r8HRQ (1).png
NVIDIA_Share_NFB07r8HRQ (1).png [ 50.74 KiB | Viewed 7950 times ]

Post subject: Re: System Tray Bug
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:26 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Confirmed for Google Drive. If I have the Google Drive set to show in the taskbar, it will not react to either mouse button. This is both in the dock and in the NextSTART taskbar. The animation plays on the doc, but Google Drive itself doesn't react.

I don't have any SteelSeries hardware, so I don't have a reason to download or run it.

If I leave Google Drive in the "expanded" area of the SysTray, it behaves normally.

We'll have to wait for Jorge (the Winstep author) to take a look at this issue and see if he has any recommendations or solutions.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:38 am 

Thank you for your feedback, I will be waiting for solutions.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:16 pm 

Any news about the bug and how to solve it?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:56 pm 

Really? It's been 3 months since my post of a MAJOR bug of the application and yet I've had NONE response of it. I've paid for it, not cheap at all so I know that I have the right to demand it. I feel disrespected as a customer.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:03 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

astrounaut954 wrote:
Really? It's been 3 months since my post of a MAJOR bug of the application and yet I've had NONE response of it. I've paid for it, not cheap at all so I know that I have the right to demand it. I feel disrespected as a customer.

If you had kept up with posts here and an announcement in the "Announcements" forum, you would be well aware that due to unforeseen circumstances Jorge, username Winstep, the owner and programmer of Winstep and admin of this board has been absent for a while and continues to be so, although it is very much hoped that he'll be back soon to answer any unanswered support queries. Keep up with what's happening!

As regards "major bug" - no, this does not qualify as any kind of bug at all. It is simply a problem with third party software that was not around when Nexus/Winstep were written.

As for "not cheap at all" - FFS, for a programme of this kind and as complex as this, it's an absolute bargain! If anything, especially given recent circumstances, it is actually under-priced. Maybe it might be a good idea to have a separate subscription for email support.... (What do you think, Jorge?)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]