Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Dual screen, remote desktop
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:17 pm 

hallo, i have 2 screen
Docks locked on screen 2
when i connect from remote desktop, all doks moove from screen 2 to screen 1.
When i close remote desktop, all docks still on screen 1. i have to place again docks on screen 2 manually.

Possible to disable screen2 docks automatically when connect from remote desktop?

Post subject: Re: Dual screen, remote desktop
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:14 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

LEENO wrote:
hallo, i have 2 screen
Docks locked on screen 2
when i connect from remote desktop, all doks moove from screen 2 to screen 1.
When i close remote desktop, all docks still on screen 1. i have to place again docks on screen 2 manually.

Possible to disable screen2 docks automatically when connect from remote desktop?

No, not at present. However, there's a simple work-around - when you are going to work from another system with remote desktop, you should set Winstep on your system to a single monitor profile with the secondary monitor switched off. That way, your docks on the second monitor will not show on the primary monitor.

If you're not familiar with monitor profiles, do a search here, there is plenty of info and guidance here already.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:12 am 

When the Dock is configured to appear at the bottom of your screen, it's available on whichever screen you’re working on. Just move your pointer to the bottom of either display. When the Dock is configured for the left or right position, it appears on the leftmost or rightmost display edge.

Tip: If you don't see your dock because it's set to hidden or there's a full screen app on the display, move your pointer to the location of the Dock. If the Dock still doesn't appear, swipe your pointer towards the Dock again to unhide it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:57 pm 

I also had a similar problem when I bought myself a new /]BenQ monitor and installed the old one as an additional one. Unfortunately, the system does not remember the "binding" of the software to a particular display. All these processes need to be configured anew each time.

:Moderator's note - Gratuitous link removed, smack of spam. 1st and only unofficial warning, giving you the benefit of the doubt this time. Next time it could well be a ban, we have our eyes on you. - nexter:

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]