Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Tried it, didn't like it.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:35 pm 

I tried hard to like this product, I really wanted it to be useful so I spent over 15 hours setting it up and configuring it to look and act as good as I could make it.

Unfortunately it isn't good enough for me...

(Rest of post moderated)

Last edited by nexter on Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Offensive rubbishing of app and developer rather than factual criticism.

Post subject: Re: Tried it, didn't like it.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:11 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

darrenstokes wrote:
I tried hard to like this product, I really wanted it to be useful so I spent over 15 hours setting it up and configuring it to look and act as good as I could make it.

Unfortunately it isn't good enough for me...
(Rest of post moderated)

Well, Nexus is a dock, not a taskbar, although it does offer some taskbar functionality (at any rate in the Nexus Ultimate paid version) as well. As such it is pretty much bug free, so your problems more likely than not lie with some other third party app/s and/or your particular system configuration.

It looks like you were just using the free version of Nexus if I'm not entirely mistaken. This is a somewhat limited app compared to the paid Nexus Ultimate version, so I really find it rather offensive that you should come in here to in effect rubbish the app which really is only a trial app. Your comments make it very obvious that you have no comprehension whatsoever of how Windows works and of programming for it. The limitations you blame on Winstep are in fact - at least mostly if not entirely - due to limitations imposed by the way Windows works and lets - or rather, often doesn't let - coders interact with it. Of course, you are free not to like the app, but you are certainly not free to drag it into the dirt as it were. Winstep apps are the only ones of their kind with many unique features and unlike freebie docks are still in continuous development for the last 22 years.

Thousands of satisfied registered users can't be wrong. :)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]