Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Animation freezes on auto-hide open/close?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:33 am 

I'm on the eval version of both Xtreme and Ultimate. Both seem to have the same animation freezes, mostly notable during auto-hide. And sometimes there's also a slight freeze when doing mouse-over on all the dock items with the "magnify" effect.

I'm on Win 10, 6-core AMD cpu with the latest NVidia GFX drivers Tried rebooting, changing lots of settings, cpu usage is always 15% or less, but nothing seems to help.SHAREit Appvn

I did notice, however, that when no other window has focus, the animation from auto-hide (both open and close) is very smooth. But if another window (e.g. Firefox / File Explorer / anything) has focus, the Nexus animation always has a short freeze when the dock or drawer or shelf opens or closes from auto-hide.

Any ideas? As I said, I've tried many variations on the performance settings with caching, disable all sounds, etc. and some things obviously change, but the slight freeze is always there.

Also, when launching an app from the dock / drawer / shelf, the "launch effect" plays about a second after I click. It seems to be waiting until the app has already launched before it plays the animation. So I click on it and don't see anything happening, I wonder if it worked at all? But finally the app opens and the animation effect plays.

It's almost as if the animation thread doesn't have the highest priority among the application threads. ??

Any help is appreciated.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 1 post ]