Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Replacement for ObjectDock?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:16 am 

I have low expectations for a replacement, but I've been using ObjectDock from the company Stardock for about a decade now, and while I love a lot of things about it, it has not been maintained over the years and kind of runs like garbage on my W10 PC these days. So I'm looking for a good replacement.

I should add that when I started using ObjectDock it was to replace Rocketdock which for whatever reason at that time just wasn't meeting my needs, I have no idea if they've been updating and maintaining it over the years so if it's gotten a lot better someone let me know.

Are there any NEW dock style launcher programs anyone knows of?

:Moderator's note - suspect urls removed, this looks like spam, also in wrong forum and query seems superfluous as already on the Winstep site. Moved to General Discussion. - nexter:

Post subject: Re: Replacement for ObjectDock?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:37 pm 

Ive comming also from Stardock and spend shitloads of money on several licences and upgrades. But last years the weather widget didnt work anymore, invisible icons, icons leading to weird windows tools, etc.

When i saw this i tested this first on my 2nd computer which i was upgrading. It worked really well on that one.

So i this week i bought Extreme, and i am really pleased with Nexus Winstep. Hopefully we can see manny manny good new upgrades from this maker ;)

Post subject: Re: Replacement for ObjectDock?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:38 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Stardock prices hardly are amounting to "shedloads" - their prices are bargain-basement penny a go prices, so what do you expect? And Objectdock isn't even being developed any more.

Winstep apps still have loads to come and are being developed continuously for over 20 years.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]