Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: download link for 19.4
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:06 pm 

Where can I download Winxtreme 19.4? Can you please send me the download link. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: download link for 19.4
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:53 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

venkum wrote:
Where can I download Winxtreme 19.4? Can you please send me the download link. Thanks!

I'm afraid there isn't one. The only downoad link is for the current version, which now is 20.10. You should always keep a backup of your backups of Winstep ;) - the archives for previous versions by default are in C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\ Winstep\Backup\ but I think by default only the last previous version is saved there.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:26 pm 

nexter wrote:
venkum wrote:

I'm afraid there isn't one. The only downoad link is for the current version, which now is 20.10. You should always keep a backup of your backups of Winstep ;) - the archives for previous versions by default are in C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\ Winstep\Backup\ but I think by default only the last previous version is saved there.

I dont have install backups there, just shelf and nexstart backup files

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:05 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

seeker wrote:
nexter wrote:
venkum wrote:

I dont have install backups there, just shelf and nexstart backup files

Hmm, it seems to me there's something very wrong with your installation then. By default, Winstep keeps a backup of all the (current) executables as well in that directory. However, it doesn't keep old ones there. Best practice is to always keep a few generations of the original download archives. Personally, I keep all the previous versions.

Although, that said, I don't even recall - nor have an archive of - Xtreme 19.4. I do have a 19.2 though, date stamped early March 2019, and then later versions.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:19 pm 

nexter wrote:
Hmm, it seems to me there's something very wrong with your installation then. By default, Winstep keeps a backup of all the (current) executables as well in that directory. However, it doesn't keep old ones there. Best practice is to always keep a few generations of the original download archives. Personally, I keep all the previous versions.

Although, that said, I don't even recall - nor have an archive of - Xtreme 19.4. I do have a 19.2 though, date stamped early March 2019, and then later versions.

oh, i have the executeables, but not the installer. and i seem to recall that winstep kept a copy of installers too

edit: found that, its in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Winstep\Versions

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:51 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

seeker wrote:
nexter wrote:

oh, i have the executeables, but not the installer. and i seem to recall that winstep kept a copy of installers too

Of course! Forgot about that! And as I suspected, no 19.4, although there is a 19.4 *Beta*.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:17 am 

venkum wrote:
Where can I download Winxtreme 19.4? Can you please send me theWhatsApp plus Apk download link. Thanks!
nexter wrote:
seeker wrote:
nexter wrote:

Of course! Forgot about that! And as I suspected, no 19.4, although there is a 19.4 *Beta*.

Hi I am new here and do you have any link to download this beta version?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:59 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

shown wrote:
Hi I am new here and do you have any link to download this beta version?

No there isn't one - it's a pretty old version by now - latest release version is 20.10 - and betas are generally only available to registered Winstep users while that beta is active.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 8 posts ]