Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: NO support
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:16 pm 

I have an issue with my program. I apprcieate my support has expired but at least let me install the app i paid for.... It says my license is invalid or corrupt. i sent an email to support a while ago, left messages on your Facebook page but i am being ignored. Can someone have the respect to reply please.

Attachments:
nex.JPG
nex.JPG [ 130.93 KiB | Viewed 7662 times ]

Post subject: Re: NO support
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:26 pm 

Sorry, Jorge (the author, an only one who could check your license key) is away. i would advise to check your email for the original license file you received

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:38 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

seeker wrote:
Sorry, Jorge (the author, an only one who could check your license key) is away. i would advise to check your email for the original license file you received

Seeker is quite correct. You should re-install the last version of Nexus Ultimate that your license was valid for and re-apply your license key. It is your own responsibility to keep backups of these files, BTW.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:31 pm 

I have the original email with the key, thats how i got this message. I tried loading the key. Its not a physical number or letter key but a wsxkey file that i have to click on. when i do click on it i get the message. What else am i expected to do?
As the message says "Please contact support" which i have but got nowhere. Hense the reason posting on here. I was just following instructions.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:21 pm 

Dean66 wrote:
I have the original email with the key, thats how i got this message. I tried loading the key. Its not a physical number or letter key but a wsxkey file that i have to click on. when i do click on it i get the message. What else am i expected to do?
As the message says "Please contact support" which i have but got nowhere. Hense the reason posting on here. I was just following instructions.

if you downloaded the key from your email then i would suggest doing an uninstall and clean install of wisntep as nexter suggested, something prob got corrupted.

dont forget to do a backup of your settings

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:56 am 

The program version may play a part as well, rendering the key useless if you don't have a copy of the version you purchased and were eligible to use during your subscription.

Chuck

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:05 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Chuck wrote:
The program version may play a part as well, rendering the key useless if you don't have a copy of the version you purchased and were eligible to use during your subscription.

To be precise, not necessarily the version of Winstep you first purchased but the last version for which the last purchased license was valid. By default, Winstep keeps backups of all versions that have been installed, they can be found here:

C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Winstep\Versions

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]