Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Nexus Ultimate does not see my 2nd screen
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 5:02 pm 

I tried emailing support but 10 days later and hearing nothing back, posting here see if any of you are able to help:-

Hi I bought Nexus Ultimate and worked fine on my old PC, now I have a better pc and it does not see the 2nd screen., I ran the testmonitors that was suggested to someone here :-
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11461

and got

Generic PnP Monitor (Primary Monitor): (0,0) - (2560,1440)
Generic PnP Monitor: (3840,0) - (1920,1200)

A little confusing as my 2 monitors are at 1920x1200, and 3840x2160

but the program does not show 2 monitors to choose from,.Unsure why it says Generic when Windows has drives installed for both monitors.

I really like your program but it is annoying when I cannot use it. Please advise.

Attachments:
File comment: Screenshot of the greyed out option for more than one monitor
wont display 2nd monitor, greyed out.png
wont display 2nd monitor, greyed out.png [ 113.66 KiB | Viewed 6535 times ]

Post subject: Re: Nexus Ultimate does not see my 2nd screen
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 5:38 pm 

Pleased ignore above post, it was the DPI setting which seems to make the 2nd screen invisible. I really hope something is integrated into Nexus to overcome this issue someday as now I have to have REALLY small icons on my 4k monitor to be able to get Nexus to allow me to put docks/ shelves, anything on older monitor.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 8:34 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

kohlteth wrote:
Pleased ignore above post, it was the DPI setting which seems to make the 2nd screen invisible. I really hope something is integrated into Nexus to overcome this issue someday as now I have to have REALLY small icons on my 4k monitor to be able to get Nexus to allow me to put docks/ shelves, anything on older monitor.

Great. Nothing like a bit of checking and experimentation to solve a problem. :) Unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done about the DPI differences due to the way Win 10 works, it would seem.

As for the small icons on your 4K monitor - simply select a larger icon size in the settings, that should solve it (and adjust icon spacing if necessary). :)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:02 am 

Thanks, you solved my problem too which was driving me nuts on a very nutty day. I had the single free nexus just as a system tray working fine on my old pc 2nd monitor ok but couldn't on my new machine and display.

I have: main roughly 4K x 2K and secondary display 1K x 2K (portrait mode)

By changing the scaling [EDIT: In Windows display settings] to custom (common to both) to 300% it now works and the icons are a good size for me and VASTLY better than the Windows task bar sys tray icons.

Also, windows drag across screens almost perfectly without massive zoom out so that's a bonus! :)

Sadly, although Nexus now recognises two monitors, Actual Window Manager still doesn't, whereas it did before on my old system. Dang!

- Fid

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]