Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Nexter - query about ongoing support
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:02 am 

Just found Nexus Shelves and think that they may be what I need to improve my desktop.

Don't have a problem with the price (Nexus Ultimate).

However based on some things I've noted within the forums, and your recent(ish) announcement, I would like some comfort that the product is going to continue to be supported - particularly with Windows 11 on the horizon.

Jorge (Winstep) has apparently gone quiet - which could be for a number of personal reasons, that are no concern of anybody else. Nevertheless I'm sure that his customer base would like some confirmation that he is well, and intends to continue to support / develop the product going forward.

Are you able to help with this matter?

Many thanks.

Post subject: Re: Nexter - query about ongoing support
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:23 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

techlobo wrote:
Just found Nexus Shelves and think that they may be what I need to improve my desktop.

Don't have a problem with the price (Nexus Ultimate).

However based on some things I've noted within the forums, and your recent(ish) announcement, I would like some comfort that the product is going to continue to be supported - particularly with Windows 11 on the horizon.

Jorge (Winstep) has apparently gone quiet - which could be for a number of personal reasons, that are no concern of anybody else. Nevertheless I'm sure that his customer base would like some confirmation that he is well, and intends to continue to support / develop the product going forward.

Are you able to help with this matter?

Many thanks.

I regret we moderators have no means of direct contact with Jorge other than a PM through the forums and the official email address. Unfortunately, Jorge is still AWOL for whatever reason and has not as much as logged in here for some time, nor it would seem does he reply to emails to the support address. However, we still hope that he will return to active duties RSN.

Now, given the above, and considering that Winstep apps have been in continuous development for over 20 years - with the occasional brief or not not so brief hiatus - and represent Jorge's life's work, I am confident, nay, even sure, that Winstep apps will continue to be developed for a long time yet, with many new features still on the 'to do' list. So, while I am unable to give any guarantees, I am sure normal service will be resumed soon and Winstep apps will continue for a long time yet. Jorge wouldn't just abandon his 'baby', nor would I, as I oversaw the pregnancy as it were, having been in on the project even since before there was any sort of public beta.

I hope my answer is satisfactory and gives you some reassurance, and perhaps I can wish you joy with Nexus Ultimate and the shelves. (Although you'll be missing out on some extremely useful and powerful components that come with Winstep Xtreme, esp. the custom menus.) One hint though - if you do decide to purchase Nexus Ultimate, please be sure to use your correct email address with BMT Micro. If you don't receive confirmation email and an email with your key file, please check your Spam and Trash folders - stranger things can and do happen! :) If there still is nothing, you have to contact BMT Micro's support - it's their problem to sort out and you may have to be persistent with them. (problems do seem to be rare though.)

Anyway, good luck.

And Jorge - haul your carcass back here will ya'! ;-) :P

N.B. - Just because I'm temporarily occupied re-installing my systems on my laptop doesn't mean I can't drop by here occasionally to chuck out the spammers and trolls, and help with queries as and when, and where, possible. :)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:54 am 

Hmm.. I hope that he is OK!

We seem to be living in strange times at the moment, and the pandemic is affecting a number of people adversely.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:25 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

techlobo wrote:

We seem to be living in strange times at the moment, and the pandemic is affecting a number of people adversely.

Indeed on all counts. :)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:44 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
techlobo wrote:

Indeed on all counts. :)

Well, we now do have some slight indication that Jorge is alive and (one hopes) well, and that indeed he may rejoin us all RSN. :D

Thus, at least some reassurance for everybody, I hope.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]