Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 29 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Calling All Experienced/Knowledgable Users
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:43 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Chuck wrote:
Quote:
Nothing's ever writ in stone, Chuck. :) The currently proposed rules and guidelines are only provisional in any event - Jorge might want to continue without any when he returns, or he may want alterations, or indeed circumstances may require adjustment.

Maybe - just maybe - this will help spur a Jorge reappearance... :)

LOL! Would be nice. But sadly, he doesn't see any of this as he doesn't even come here, at any rate at the moment. But let's hope Jorge's absence won't last too much longer now or he'll break his own record of absenteeism. ;)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:46 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I have now sent the draft of the proposed provisional forum rules etc. to my fellow moderator DesertDwarf for consultation. However, any new comments/suggestions etc. will still be taken into account provided they are posted by Sunday midnight BST/11pm GMT.

I hope we can have the rules etc. posted (in the 'Announcements' forum - ultimately, they really should be in a separate forum of their own) by around the end of next week.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:54 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

A thought just occurred. In amongst the Guidelines and Hints & Tips, or the Rules themselves, should we have something about registering an account (preferably) only if someone intends to become actively involved in the forums, and perhaps also that inactive accounts may be deleted after a certain time, etc.? Any thoughts, anybody?

(This subject itself has been discussed here already, just not its inclusion.)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:04 pm 

I wouldn't post anything abut not registering without Jorges input, whenever he comes back

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:35 pm 

nexter wrote:
A thought just occurred. In amongst the Guidelines and Hints & Tips, or the Rules themselves, should we have something about registering an account (preferably) only if someone intends to become actively involved in the forums

Some potential users/customers may view this negatively.

nexter wrote:
that inactive accounts may be deleted after a certain time, etc.? Any thoughts, anybody?

This makes sense, especially with the *may* qualifier.

Chuck

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:29 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Chuck wrote:
nexter wrote:
A thought just occurred. In amongst the Guidelines and Hints & Tips, or the Rules themselves, should we have something about registering an account (preferably) only if someone intends to become actively involved in the forums

Some potential users/customers may view this negatively.

nexter wrote:
that inactive accounts may be deleted after a certain time, etc.? Any thoughts, anybody?

This makes sense, especially with the *may* qualifier.

Yeah, I wouldn't include that first bit in Jorge's absence, and not in that exact wording anyway. And I agree, it might be viewed negatively by some potential users. (I have seen pretty much that on a few boards before, though, but then they were not concerned with selling software or anything else. :) ) Also, the number of spurious new account registrations (who never log in afterwards) has declined just recently, so that may be a somewhat positive sign anyway.

Yep, I think the "inactive accounts may be deleted...." bit should definitely have a place.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:58 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Allowing for a bit more consultation with DesertDwarf, I will be finalising the Forum Rules and Guidelines and Hints & Tips in a day or two and then we can probably have that up by the end of the week. :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:30 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Final draft is finished and now with DesertDwarf for final consultation, so I hope we can wrap this whole thing by the end of the week.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:46 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
Final draft is finished and now with DesertDwarf for final consultation, so I hope we can wrap this whole thing by the end of the week.

I'll try to turn in my homework tonight (Pacific Daylight Time). 8)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:59 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

DesertDwarf wrote:
nexter wrote:

I'll try to turn in my homework tonight (Pacific Daylight Time). 8)

Oh goodie! :8 Time to get this out of the way - might even help reduce posting in the wrong topic or forum, and the like.... ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:01 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

And still waiting for DD..... :(

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:56 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

As my fellow moderator DD has been AWOL the last two days and not been in touch re: any alterations etc., and I'm having a busy few days ahead, I intend to post the (provisional) forum rules etc. some time today in the 'Announcements' forum. I may have to make adjustments some other time.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:14 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

My apologies for the delay. I had some stuff come up (taking a sick roommate to urgent care plus a short road trip I had to take).

I am re-proofreading the document right now. I'll email if I need to make any changes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:40 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

DesertDwarf wrote:
My apologies for the delay. I had some stuff come up (taking a sick roommate to urgent care plus a short road trip I had to take).

I am re-proofreading the document right now. I'll email if I need to make any changes.

Ah well, shit happens DD_Ric. Hope everything turned out alright at your end.

Anyway, glad we got it all sorted and the rules are now there, so there're no excuses any more. ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 29 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2