Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Should I Upgrade Winstep 19.2?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:29 pm 

My current Winstep.exe version is 18.11.0117 I purchased Xtereme in 4/2019. If I upgrade, are there a lot of noticeable changes from then to the current version? Is it worth upgrading?

Attached is a screenshot that shows the various version numbers I'm currently on.

Attachment:
wsv.jpg
wsv.jpg [ 40.64 KiB | Viewed 5961 times ]

Post subject: Re: Should I upgrade?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:27 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

davidjd wrote:
My current Winstep.exe version is 18.11.0117 I purchased Xtereme in 4/2019. If I upgrade, are there a lot of noticeable changes from then to the current version? Is it worth upgrading?

Attached is a screenshot that shows the various version numbers I'm currently on.

Attachment:
wsv.jpg

Well, you're obviously on 19.2 already and apart from a beta or two or so, I don't recall there having been any further official release until 20.10, which is where we are at now (still!).

I probably shouldn't say this, but given the current situation (see the 'Announcements' forum) and any major update materialising any time soon being rather unlikely, my own instinct would be to delay upgrading until Jorge returns to active service. Which could be tomorrow, next wee, next month, or even - feck forbid! - next year. ;)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:39 pm 

nexter wrote:
davidjd wrote:

Attachment:
wsv.jpg

Well, you're obviously on 19.2 already and apart from a beta or two or so, I don't recall there having been any further official release until 20.10, which is where we are at now (still!).

I probably shouldn't say this, but given the current situation (see the 'Announcements' forum) and any major update materialising any time soon being rather unlikely, my own instinct would be to delay upgrading until Jorge returns to active service. Which could be tomorrow, next wee, next month, or even - feck forbid! - next year. ;)

Okay, gottcha! Thank you for the input! I really love Winstep, I hope things resume soon.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:58 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

davidjd wrote:
nexter wrote:

Okay, gottcha! Thank you for the input! I really love Winstep, I hope things resume soon.

Well, they will. At least, we can hope that it'll be soon now. But resume things will, sooner or later. :) Glad you like the software.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]