Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: How to get new themes in Winstep
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:48 pm 

Is there a site to download themes that will automatically be visible when you select themes to change? I tried Deviant Art and all I get is the jpg file. Any suggestions and assistance would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: How to get new themes in Winstep
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:39 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ciscokid422 wrote:
Is there a site to download themes that will automatically be visible when you select themes to change? I tried Deviant Art and all I get is the jpg file. Any suggestions and assistance would be appreciated.

Go to the 'Themes' page of the Winstep website and click on the 'Wincustomize' link, which has plenty to choose from. After downloading, place the .xtreme theme files into C:\Users\Public\Documents\Winstep\AutoInstall and that's it.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:39 am 

Thanks for the information as I looked at those themes but cannot find any landscape themes that are listed in Defiant themes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:02 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ciscokid422 wrote:
cannot find any landscape themes

Do you mean landscape as in not-portrait (horizontal orientation vs vertical orientation) or do you mean landscape as in a background that is a picture of a natural landscape, like mountains, beach, forest, etc.?

If the latter, you don't have to use the wallpaper that comes with the theme. I don't. I would argue that handling your desktop wallpapers is among the least of the features of Winstep.

If the former, I'm confused because I would think it would be almost impossible to find a portrait theme.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:36 am 

Sorry, Desert I meant nature type wallpaper. Blue ocean and things of that sort. There are limited themes and I wanted to have more from which to choose.

How do I go about getting the themes to add? Defiant has some nice ones, but they are just JPG and don't know how to import these to the themes.

Thanks.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]