Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 18 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Important! - Board Rules, Guidelines - Deprecated/Superseded
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:37 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

For the first time, this board at last operates under a set of Board Rules & Guidelines, albeit brief and simple and at the moment, provisional.

It is important that everybody should read these carefully, especially new or recent members or those wishing to join this board.

The Rules.... are found here - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11961

N.B. - This post has been deliberately posted in both of the most viewed forums, i.e., 'General Discussion' and 'Off Topic' as some visitors/members may only look at one of them and not both, and it is important that everybody should be aware of the rules under which we now operate.

:Moderator's note - this topic is now deprecated and has been superseded - nexter:

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post subject: Re: Important! - Please Read!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:18 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

What, no complaints, criticisms, objections, comments, or whatever yet!? Must be OK then. :P ;)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post subject: Re: Important! - Board Rules, Guidelines - Please Read!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:44 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
For the first time, this board at last operates under a set of Board Rules & Guidelines, albeit brief and simple and at the moment, provisional.

It is important that everybody should read these carefully, especially new or recent members or those wishing to join this board.

N.B. - This post has been deliberately posted in both of the most viewed forums, i.e., 'General Discussion' and 'Off Topic' as some visitors/members may only look at one of them and not both, and it is important that everybody should be aware of the rules under which we now operate.

I really cannot overemphasise the importance of absolutely everyone studying the Board Rules and Guidelines and Hints & Tips. Ignore them at your peril! I shall enforce them fairly strictly from now on. This is necessary to get this board into an orderly operating mode - not easy after such a long time without any fixed rules but essential to keep things running smoothly. Up till now moderating this board has been a nightmare. (And admining it must be an even bigger nightmare until the whole place is put in some order.)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:46 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:

I really cannot overemphasise the importance of absolutely everyone studying the Board Rules and Guidelines and Hints & Tips. Ignore them at your peril! I shall enforce them fairly strictly from now on. This is necessary to get this board into an orderly operating mode - not easy after such a long time without any fixed rules but essential to keep things running smoothly. Up till now moderating this board has been a nightmare. (And admining it must be an even bigger nightmare until the whole place is put in some order.)

Having to repeat these notifications to keep them at/near the top as we moderators cannot create 'Stickies' on this board.

Follow the rules and guidelines and all will be fine. Ignore them at your peril.

- nexter (Global Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:47 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:

Having to repeat these notifications to keep them at/near the top as we moderators cannot create 'Stickies' on this board.

Follow the rules and guidelines and all will be fine. Ignore them at your peril.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:46 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:36 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:39 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:

This is for everyone's benefit, so that the Winstep board will be easier to peruse, read, search and find answers. It will also mean that staff can answer more queries and help more.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:29 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:

This is for everyone's benefit, so that the Winstep board will be easier to peruse, read, search and find answers. It will also mean that staff can answer more queries more easily and help more.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:47 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:

This is for everyone's benefit, so that the Winstep board will be easier to peruse, read, search and find answers. It will also mean that staff can answer more queries more easily and help more.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:05 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:

This is for everyone's benefit, so that the Winstep board will be easier to peruse, read, search and find answers. It will also mean that staff can answer more queries and help more.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:46 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:

It is to be hoped that we'll arrive at some permanent arrangement in re: the 'Board Rules and Guidelines' really soon so that this post will not need to be repeated again.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:37 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

In view of the sole owner/programmer of Winstep and admin of this board Jorge Coelho's renewed temporary absence due to health issues, it has become imperative to reiterate the original post once more.

For the first time, this board at last operates under a formal set of Board Rules & Guidelines and Hints & Tips (https://forums.winstep.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11961), albeit brief and simple and at the moment, provisional.

I really cannot overemphasise the importance of absolutely everyone studying the Board Rules and Guidelines and Hints & Tips. Ignore them at your peril!

It is to be hoped that Jorge Coelho will be able to return to active service soon and that we'll arrive at some permanent arrangement in re: the 'Board Rules and Guidelines' fairly soon so that this post will not need to be repeated again.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:22 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

For the first time, this board at last for almost the last six months operates under a formal set of Board Rules & Guidelines and Hints & Tips (https://forums.winstep.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11961), albeit brief and simple and at the moment, provisional.

I really cannot overemphasise the importance of absolutely everyone studying the Board Rules and Guidelines and Hints & Tips. Ignore them at your peril!

It is to be hoped that we'll arrive at some permanent arrangement in re: the 'Board Rules and Guidelines' fairly soon.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 12:19 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

For the first time, this board for more than six months now operates under a formal set of Board Rules & Guidelines and Hints & Tips (https://forums.winstep.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11961), albeit brief and simple and at the moment, provisional.

Thank you.

nexter (Global Moderator)

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 18 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next