Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Open apps icons
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:20 pm 

Hi all, googled this and didn't find an answer, is there a way to have Nexus Ultimate only show the icon of an open app instead of a small icon on an image of the open app? It's kind of hard to explain, so I'm going to upload an image that shows an open app (OneNote) that only shows the OneNote icon and 3 other apps whose icons are so small, they are hard to see. Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
icons.jpg
icons.jpg [ 3.23 KiB | Viewed 5568 times ]

Post subject: Re: Open apps icons
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:16 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Preferences -> Tasks tab -> Advanced button -> disable 'Show icons of running applications as window thumbnails'

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:00 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

shahgols wrote:
Hi all, googled this and didn't find an answer, is there a way to have Nexus Ultimate only show the icon of an open app instead of a small icon on an image of the open app? It's kind of hard to explain, so I'm going to upload an image that shows an open app (OneNote) that only shows the OneNote icon and 3 other apps whose icons are so small, they are hard to see. Thanks in advance.

'Googled'? Why not use the forum's own 'Search' utility - far more likely to give you the right result/s. And, although admittedly there isn't anything like a user manual at present, have you ever considered exploring all the different options in Preferences and Dock Properties? That's certainly the way I approach any app new to me. One soon learns what makes that thing tick, as it were. :)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:14 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

But he should do a Backup of his settings first (Preferences -> Advanced tab -> Backup button) just in case he ends up painting himself into a corner and not knowing what he did or how to recover from that. There's literally a TON of different settings to play with. :D

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:51 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
But he should do a Backup of his settings first (Preferences -> Advanced tab -> Backup button) just in case he ends up painting himself into a corner and not knowing what he did or how to recover from that. There's literally a TON of different settings to play with. :D

A ton and a half, to be sure. :D But yes, backing up first is always a good plan.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:31 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

And another 'anus horribilis' spammer trying to play clever - quoted the OP, turned a full stop there into the spam link, and added a sort of 'same problem here' comment! Well punk, you'll have to get up a hell of a lot earlier to catch us out here with such an old turkey. :P :twisted:

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]