Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 36 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weather incorrect
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:01 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hankers wrote:
I don't appreciate your comment suggesting pointing out information on an issue with the operation of a Winstep module as "nonsense".

If that's how you reply to someone letting the programmer know of an issue I would suggest you get off your high horse and grow up.

Merry Christmas

I don't appreciate the tone of your post nor its absence of factual accuracy. I have the following suggestions for you :

1) Never argue with forum/board staff in public, see 2)

2) Study the Board Rules and Guidelines carefully

3) Get your facts straight - it isn't your post or its general context that I referred to as nonsense but its link that requires a log in to a Google account (I'm sure I'm not alone in not even having a Google account nor any desire to deal with them in any kind of way!) and I certainly do not have the time or inclination to deal with such nonsense

4) If you really want to show what your problem is then use either the facility here to attach an image, or a link that is easy to access and also safe - there are some very dodgy file sharing sites around

Have a happy consumerist holiday.

N.B - Any further abuse will be dealt with in accordance with the Board Rules.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:22 am 

nonsens is posting a link that requires others to register/log in, instead of going to the minimal effort of finding one of many sites that dont, instead expecting others to do work for you

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:20 pm 

Have a good day.

Last edited by Hankers on Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok guys, cool down, all of you.

Ric, Hankers is a friend and also a WC mod. This being Xmas, how about a brotherly hug and a bit of tolerance instead of jumping on each others troats? :D

Is anyone else experiencing this issue with the weather module?

Hankers, the link seems to be 404

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:00 pm 

Yeah, I also have the same problem with the weather module. Here's a pastebin of the log: https://pastebin.com/XS2WBedg

First noticed it about two weeks ago and since it didn't clear up decided to come and check the forum. It's definitely not showing the forecast or temperature ( which is stuck on the same temp as the day it stopped working ).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:40 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

seeker wrote:
nonsens is posting a link that requires others to register/log in, instead of going to the minimal effort of finding one of many sites that dont, instead expecting others to do work for you

Thank you seeker, my point exactly. Nice to see that at least some people still have some common sense. :)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:44 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hankers wrote:
Have a good day.

Oh, somebody has seen sense and withdrawn their vitriol. Wise thing to have edited that, I was just about to issue you an official warning for abuse/abusive language so well done.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:08 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:

Ric, Hankers is a friend and also a WC mod. This being Xmas, how about a brotherly hug and a bit of tolerance instead of jumping on each others troats? :D

Jorge, all I will say here is, please carefully re-read Hankers' post in reply to my reprimanding him (quite gently) in re: the link in his post requiring a log-in to a Google account, then my reply to his reply, and his last reply which he has since edited and removed the abuse. I have always held that moderators and administrators have a duty to set an example and not argue amongst themselves in a public forum in any way, shape, or form, and so I will take the rest of this affair into the private realm.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

NorthernIX wrote:
Yeah, I also have the same problem with the weather module. Here's a pastebin of the log: https://pastebin.com/XS2WBedg

First noticed it about two weeks ago and since it didn't clear up decided to come and check the forum. It's definitely not showing the forecast or temperature ( which is stuck on the same temp as the day it stopped working ).

Ok, thanks for the log. I hadn't noticed before, but have a look at the log and notice the *dates* for the current weather and the forecasts. The weather info was retrieved on 26 December (today), but the date for current weather conditions is stated as

date="2021-12-17"

Likewise, forecast dates go from the 16th to the 20th.

Basically this is an issue with the MSN feed itself which hasn't updated weather conditions for that location since December 17th.

The weather module will report the last current conditions (because that is what it got) but will not report the forecasts because those are already in the past.

One can only hope this is only a temporary issue with the MSN weather feed, as mine here is still updating correctly.

Either way, one more reason for me to expedite bringing back the Weather.com feed.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:33 pm 

nexter wrote:
winstep wrote:

Jorge, all I will say here is, please carefully re-read Hankers' post in reply to my reprimanding him (quite gently) in re: the link in his post requiring a log-in to a Google account, then my reply to his reply, and his last reply which he has since edited and removed the abuse. I have always held that moderators and administrators have a duty to set an example and not argue amongst themselves in a public forum in any way, shape, or form, and so I will take the rest of this affair into the private realm.

:Moderator's note - Abusive post using foul language by Hankers censored and official warning given. This is no way to conduct yourself in any forum. - nexter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:53 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

It is extremely sad when forum members give in to resorting to abuse and foul language when their 'arguments' don't have a leg to stand on, and all the more so when that member is supposed to be a mod himself on another board. Such behaviour simply cannot and must not be tolerated, and most assuredly will not be while I am around. On most boards that I have ever used this sort of thing usually results in suspension or even ban for the offender.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:37 pm 

Hi Jorge. I assume you deleted the weather log file I posted a few weeks ago. I know it was very large and I'm not sure if there was something wrong with what I posted.

Were you able to use it? If not, I'll try again.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:34 pm 

winstep wrote:
Yes, but I am back now.

Weather is working correctly here. Perhaps it's a problem with your particular location?

Anyway, if you are still having this issue, right click on the weather icon and select "Weather Monitor Settings". With the Weather Monitor Settings dialog open, click on the 'Get Weather' button - this will create a raw log of the information received from the weather servers.

Navigate to C:\Users\Public\Documents\WinStep\, look for a file named 'Weather.log', open it in Notepad and post the contents here.

Excuse the belated reply I never got any notification responses to this thread. Yea there's still issues. The temperature seems to be correct at the moment but the weather icon currently shows a moon when it's a bright sunny day. Here's my weather log:

* METAR Connection Failed...
No Valid Codes
No Valid Codes

/wxdata/weather/local/USCA0984?cc&dayf=5&link=xoap&prod=xoap&unit=s&par=1023928134&key=712ce1c26b0de059
wxdata.weather.com
HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Length: 43
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 20:18:51 GMT
Connection: close

This service is deprecated as of 01/15/2020
Error Decoding Weather.com Data

/data.aspx?src=vista&weadegreetype=f&culture=en-US&wealocations=wc:USCA0984
weather.service.msn.com
HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
Server: Microsoft-IIS/10.0
X-ActivityId: f7d6317d-6b96-4b9a-88ac-242544b49813
Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
X-AspNet-Version: 4.0.30319
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
Cache-Control: public, max-age=368
Content-Length: 1497

<weatherdata xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><weather weatherlocationcode="wc:USCA0984" weatherlocationname="Montgomery Field, California" url="http://a.msn.com/54/en-US/ct32.816,-117.141?ctsrc=vista" imagerelativeurl="http://blob.weather.microsoft.com/static/weather4/en-us/" degreetype="F" provider="Foreca" attribution="http://www.foreca.com/" attribution2="Foreca" lat="32.816" long="-117.141" timezone="-7" alert="" entityid="10034044" encodedlocationname="Montgomery+Field"><current temperature="78" skycode="32" skytext="Sunny" date="2022-04-06" observationtime="12:30:00" observationpoint="Montgomery Field" feelslike="78" humidity="62" winddisplay="7 mph Southwest" day="Wednesday" shortday="Wed" windspeed="7 mph" /><forecast low="53" high="71" skycodeday="31" skytextday="Clear" date="2022-04-05" day="Tuesday" shortday="Tue" precip="" /><forecast low="60" high="78" skycodeday="34" skytextday="Mostly Sunny" date="2022-04-06" day="Wednesday" shortday="Wed" precip="0" /><forecast low="62" high="92" skycodeday="32" skytextday="Sunny" date="2022-04-07" day="Thursday" shortday="Thu" precip="0" /><forecast low="59" high="93" skycodeday="32" skytextday="Sunny" date="2022-04-08" day="Friday" shortday="Fri" precip="0" /><forecast low="57" high="76" skycodeday="32" skytextday="Sunny" date="2022-04-09" day="Saturday" shortday="Sat" precip="0" /><toolbar timewindow="60" minversion="1.0.1965.0" /></weather></weatherdata>
Got MSN Data!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:55 pm 

itsmyname wrote:
winstep wrote:
Yes, but I am back now.

Weather is working correctly here. Perhaps it's a problem with your particular location?

Anyway, if you are still having this issue, right click on the weather icon and select "Weather Monitor Settings". With the Weather Monitor Settings dialog open, click on the 'Get Weather' button - this will create a raw log of the information received from the weather servers.

Navigate to C:\Users\Public\Documents\WinStep\, look for a file named 'Weather.log', open it in Notepad and post the contents here.

Excuse the belated reply I never got any notification responses to this thread. Yea there's still issues. The temperature seems to be correct at the moment but the weather icon currently shows a moon when it's a bright sunny day. Here's my weather log:

* METAR Connection Failed...
No Valid Codes
No Valid Codes

/wxdata/weather/local/USCA0984?cc&dayf=5&link=xoap&prod=xoap&unit=s&par=1023928134&key=712ce1c26b0de059
wxdata.weather.com
HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Length: 43

This service is deprecated as of 01/15/2020
Error Decoding Weather.com Data

/data.aspx?src=vista&weadegreetype=f&culture=en-US&wealocations=wc:USCA0984
weather.service.msn.com
HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
Server: Microsoft-IIS/10.0
X-ActivityId: f7d6317d-6b96-4b9a-88ac-242544b49813
Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
X-AspNet-Version: 4.0.30319
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
Cache-Control: public, max-age=368
Content-Length: 1497

<weatherdata xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><weather weatherlocationcode="wc:USCA0984" weatherlocationname="Montgomery Field, California" url="http://a.msn.com/54/en-US/ct32.816,-117.141?ctsrc=vista" imagerelativeurl="http://blob.weather.microsoft.com/static/weather4/en-us/" degreetype="F" provider="Foreca" attribution="http://www.foreca.com/" attribution2="Foreca" lat="32.816" long="-117.141" timezone="-7" alert="" entityid="10034044" encodedlocationname="Montgomery+Field"><current temperature="78" skycode="32" skytext="Sunny" date="2022-04-06" observationtime="12:30:00" observationpoint="Montgomery Field" feelslike="78" humidity="62" winddisplay="7 mph Southwest" day="Wednesday" shortday="Wed" windspeed="7 mph" /><forecast low="53" high="71" skycodeday="31" skytextday="Clear" date="2022-04-05" day="Tuesday" shortday="Tue" precip="" /><forecast low="60" high="78" skycodeday="34" skytextday="Mostly Sunny" date="2022-04-06" day="Wednesday" shortday="Wed" precip="0" /><forecast low="62" high="92" skycodeday="32" skytextday="Sunny" date="2022-04-07" day="Thursday" shortday="Thu" precip="0" /><forecast low="59" high="93" skycodeday="32" skytextday="Sunny" date="2022-04-08" day="Friday" shortday="Fri" precip="0" /><forecast low="57" high="76" skycodeday="32" skytextday="Sunny" date="2022-04-09" day="Saturday" shortday="Sat" precip="0" /><toolbar timewindow="60" minversion="1.0.1965.0" /></weather></weatherdata>
Got MSN Data!

I have the same right now. A moon when it is early afternoon.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:03 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gotcha, guys, we already know why, I'll get it fixed. :D

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 36 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next