Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Help Requests - PLEASE NOTE!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:10 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

DesertDwarf wrote:
nexter wrote:
Remember, I'm the really 'Bad Cop' to DD_Ric's 'Good Cop' here. :twisted:

DD_Ric smiles slightly, takes a sip of his coffee, sets his coffee cup down and, with one eyebrow arched, says, "Indeed."

Good. Glad we got that clearly understood! :P :twisted:

And there's at least one help request thread in the last few days that really makes me want to scream and breathe fire! Holy crap! :evil:

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:56 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

In view of the sole owner/programmer of Winstep and admin of this board Jorge Coelho's renewed temporary absence due to health issues, it has become imperative to reiterate the original post once more. There are only two of us volunteer moderators here with only very limited spare time to keep this board running smoothly, so it is essential that everybody adheres to the rules.

Any requests for help on this board that do not follow the published Board Rules and Guidelines and Hints & Tips (https://forums.winstep.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11961) are highly unlikely to be answered by moderators and may even be subject to disciplinary action. Please stick to the rules and guidelines so that we - and especially Jorge when he returns again - do not have to keep asking endless unnecessary supplementary questions that could have been covered by providing any required detail as per those guidelines in your queries in the first place.

This is for everyone's benefit, so that the Winstep board will be easier to peruse, read, search and find answers. It will also mean that staff can answer more queries more easily and help more.

It is to be hoped that Jorge Coelho will be able to return to active service soon and that this topic will not need to be re-posted. In the meantime, I hope everybody will help ensure that Jorge's already extremely heavy workload is kept as small and simple as possible by observing the rules. Thank you.

-nexter (Global Moderator)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 12:05 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Please be aware that there are only two of us volunteer moderators here with only very limited spare time and the one and only admin/coder/proprietor Jorge Coelho to keep this board running smoothly, so it is essential that everybody adheres to the rules.

Any requests for help on this board that do not follow the published Board Rules and Guidelines and Hints & Tips (https://forums.winstep.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11961) are highly unlikely to be answered by moderators and may even be subject to disciplinary action. Please stick to the rules and guidelines so that we - and especially Jorge - do not have to keep asking endless unnecessary supplementary questions that could have been covered by providing any required detail as per those guidelines in your queries in the first place.

This is for everyone's benefit, so that the Winstep board will be easier to peruse, read, search and find answers. It will also mean that staff can answer more queries more easily and help more.

I hope everybody will help ensure that Jorge's already extremely heavy workload is kept as small and simple as possible by observing the rules. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:44 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Please be aware that there are only two of us volunteer moderators here with only very limited spare time and the one and only admin/coder/proprietor Jorge Coelho to keep this board running smoothly, so it is essential that everybody adheres to the rules.

Any requests for help on this board that do not follow the published Board Rules and Guidelines and Hints & Tips (https://forums.winstep.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11961) are highly unlikely to be answered by moderators and may even be subject to disciplinary action. Please stick to the rules and guidelines so that we - and especially Jorge - do not have to keep asking endless unnecessary supplementary questions that could have been covered by providing any required detail as per those guidelines in your queries in the first place. Remember, details, details, details!

Also, please bear in mind that this is an English language board, and if you feel unable to post in English, then please have the courtesy to post an online machine translation alongside your native language.

I hope everybody will help ensure that Jorge's already extremely heavy workload is kept as small and simple as possible by observing the rules so that he is left more time for more important issues. Thank you.

Moderator's note - This thread has been superseded here :
https://forums.winstep.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12387

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2