Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 15 posts ]
 Post subject: Winstep Support Email - Important! - Deprecated/Superseded!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:13 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Please note that for the time being users should not contact the Winstep Support email address. This is due to the continued temporary absence of Jorge Coelho, the sole proprietor and coder of Winstep, and there no doubt already being a veritable mountain of email for him to catch up on when he does return. So please do not add to it further.

:Moderator's note - this topic has now been superseded and is deprecated - nexter:

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post subject: Re: Winstep Support Email - Important!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:31 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
Please note that for the time being users should not contact the Winstep Support email address. This is due to the continued temporary absence of Jorge Coelho, the sole proprietor and coder of Winstep, and there no doubt already being a veritable mountain of email for him to catch up on when he does return. So please do not add to it further.

Please, desist! Thank you.

Having to repeat-post these notifications to keep them at/near the top as moderators on this board cannot create 'stickies', alas.

- nexter (Global Moderator)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:48 am 

Thank you for the information Nexter. Can I address you if I find myself having issues? Of course, I will first try to search the forum and FAQ to find the answer but having not found it? Can I call upon you?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:02 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Eilheart wrote:
Thank you for the information Nexter. Can I address you if I find myself having issues? Of course, I will first try to search the forum and FAQ to find the answer but having not found it? Can I call upon you?

No, you cannot call upon me personally. I strongly suggest you carefully study the Board Rules & Guidelines here - https://forums.winstep.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11961 and stick to them. I had to issue you one warning already on account of the spam in your profile - make sure I don't have to use further measures.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:10 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:

Having to repeat-post these notifications to keep them at/near the top as moderators on this board cannot create 'stickies', alas.

Having to repeat these notifications to keep them at/near the top as we moderators cannot create 'Stickies' on this board.

Follow the rules and guidelines and all will be fine. Ignore them at your peril.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:24 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:

Having to repeat these notifications to keep them at/near the top as we moderators cannot create 'Stickies' on this board.

Follow the rules and guidelines and all will be fine. Ignore them at your peril.

This is for every user's benefit - the less email backlog Jorge Coelho has to catch up with the sooner there will be updates to the apps.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:13 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:

This is for every user's benefit - the less email backlog Jorge Coelho has to catch up with the sooner there will be updates to the apps.

The email restriction may be lifted any time now. I expect Jorge will let me know when he's ready. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:23 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:

The email restriction may be lifted any time now. I expect Jorge will let me know when he's ready. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:20 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:

This email restriction, it is to be hoped, should be lifted really soon now. How about it, Jorge? :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:34 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

In view of the sole owner/programmer of Winstep and admin of this board Jorge Coelho's renewed temporary absence due to health issues, it has become imperative to reiterate the original post once more.

Please note that for the time being users should not contact the Winstep Support email address. There is still a very substantial backlog of support email left for Jorge to deal with when he returns - please do not add to it further for the time being.

This is for everyone's benefit - the less email backlog Jorge has to catch up with the sooner outstanding support issues will be dealt with and a new application update will materialise.

It is to be hoped that Jorge Coelho will be able to return to active service soon and that this topic will not need to be re-posted. In the meantime, I hope everybody will help ensure that Jorge's already extremely heavy workload is kept as small and simple as possible by observing the rules and the above restriction. Thank you.

-nexter (Global Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:30 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Although the sole owner/programmer of Winstep and admin of this board Jorge Coelho has made some recovery and returned to some degree of active service, there is such a huge backlog of support issues, as well as issues with Windows 11 affecting the apps that need to fixed and a new beta, and more besides, that we should not add to his workload unnecessarily and thereby cause even further delay.

Therefore please note that for the time being users should not contact the Winstep Support email address.

This is for everyone's benefit - the less email backlog Jorge has to catch up with the sooner outstanding support issues will be dealt with and a new application update will materialise.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:10 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

There is still a large backlog of support issues, while work also continues on new updates, that we should not add to Jorge Coelho's workload unnecessarily and thereby cause even further delay.

Therefore please note that for the time being users should not contact the Winstep Support email address.

This is for everyone's benefit - the less email backlog Jorge has to catch up with the sooner outstanding support issues will be dealt with and new application updates will materialise.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 12:10 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

There is still a large backlog of support issues, while work also continues on new updates, and so it is important that we should not add to Jorge Coelho's workload unnecessarily and thereby cause further delay.

This is for everyone's benefit - the less email backlog Jorge has to catch up with the sooner outstanding support issues will be dealt with and new application updates will materialise.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:58 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

There is still a large backlog of support issues, while work also continues on new updates, and so it is important that we should not add to Jorge Coelho's workload unnecessarily and thereby cause further delay.

Therefore please note that for the time being users should not contact the Winstep Support email address unless specifically asked by staff to do so.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:10 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

There is still a backlog of support issues both in email and here in this forum, while work also continues on new updates, and so it is important that we should not add to Jorge Coelho's workload unnecessarily and thereby cause more delay.

Therefore please note that for the time being users should not contact the Winstep Support email address unless specifically asked by staff to do so.

Thank you.

:Moderator's note - this topic has now been superseded and is deprecated - nexter:

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 15 posts ]