Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Keep Nexus Dock on desktop but autohide everywhere else?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:35 pm 

Like the subject says, just wondering if this is possible. I've dug through the settings of Nexus Dock but I'm not able to locate this (if it exists at all). Curious if I can have the dock all the time on the desktop but have it hide when windows are fullscreen. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Keep Nexus Dock on desktop but autohide everywhere else?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:11 pm 

Dr_Cornelius_Evazan wrote:
Like the subject says, just wondering if this is possible. I've dug through the settings of Nexus Dock but I'm not able to locate this (if it exists at all). Curious if I can have the dock all the time on the desktop but have it hide when windows are fullscreen. Thanks!

Do you mean 'Full screen' (as in Games or similar which take over the graphics plane), or maximised application?

In the former case the dock will not appear, by design, so as not to interfere with the desired user experience.

In the latter case then you can configure Winstep to either have the dock stay above the application window; auto hide when application is maximised; or get it to reserve screen space so that the maximised application can't overlap it. As you can see there are a lot of options!

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]